Malvie - Part 2, Chapter 3

The next day was Romulus's last day before the ceremony. It would go down exactly like Chad's. Just like Mal, Romulus had been notified immediately once Ben granted Mal's request. They didn't tell him who the request was by. If Mal didn't tell him first, Romulus would be told before he chose someone to eat his last meal with. Mal, however, did want to tell Romulus it was her who called for his execution, so she and Evie went down to the prison to see him.

"Romulus," Thomas spoke to him. "You have some visitors."

"Pfff. More people just here to scream at me?" he mumbled back. Mal and Evie entered the hallway and were brought all the way down to the left, the opposite end of the hall from the rest of the prisoners which included Uma and Harry.

"You." Romulus growled once he saw his daughter and her girlfriend. "Well, there's the explanation."

"HOW DARE YOU MURDER SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE?!" Mal shouted at the top of her lungs, grabbing onto the bars of his cell.

"They're not innocent!" Romulus shot back, standing up in his cell. "It doesn't matter if I'll be killed anyways. My mark has been left. Everyone drank the potion. You're all cured." Mal turned to Evie and instantly jumped on top of her, passionately making out with her girlfriend out of nowhere.

"You son of a bitch!" Romulus yelled, pounding on the cell door. "They made all the students drink the potion!"

"It wasn't a potion at all," Mal stated, pausing her session with Evie. "It was spelled juice. True love's kiss breaks any spell!"

"You and your ugly girlfriend should've been first on my list to go," Romulus said in a deep voice with clenched teeth. "It's times like this I wish no one had come to your rescue from Amare Artis."

"And you wonder why I'm putting my own father to death," Mal said back, using the same muffled voice he had. "You're stuck in the past, old man."

"Shut up! You don't know what's good for you. You should be thanking me for sparing you."

"And you should be thanking me for doing quite the service for Auradon. Honestly, I'm surprised you weren't sentenced by Ben. Today is your last full day. Tonight is your last meal. If you want to live, I suggest you find a pardon quickly," Mal said, hoping to end the conversation by taking Evie's hand and beginning to walk away.

"A what?" Romulus asked. Mal stopped in her tracks.

"A pardon. Tomorrow during the ceremony, Ben will ask if anyone affected by your actions wishes to pardon you from being killed. It's pretty obvious everyone hates you so... good luck with that." Mal began walking out again.

"Wait, Mal!" Romulus called after her, forcing her to stop again. "I'm sorry. Forgive me. You're my daughter. I should always respect your opinions and who you are. I love you."

"You're not fooling me that easy, asshole. Now that I've mentioned you can live, you want my help with it. Not happening." The two girls continued walking out of the hall, not turning back again.

"Mal! Please, I'm sorry! I'm your father you know I'd never want to hurt you! I love you!"

v

"M, are you okay?" Evie asked once they had gotten back to their dorm.

"I don't know," Mal responded, sitting down on her bed. "I don't know what to think, okay?" Evie sat down next to Mal, placing her right hand on Mal's lap.