Malvie - Epilogue

Mal stared at herself in the mirror, wearing a purple dress that Evie had designed for her a few weeks prior. It was by far her favorite yet, just a tad of sparkle and a dragon on the back. It even had pockets, a very important part that Mal would be taking advantage of. She reached over onto her dresser and picked up a small black box, placing it in the pocket of her dress. She took a deep breath and walked out of her room and over to Evie who sat at their kitchen table, waiting for Mal to join her.

"Evie," Mal spoke up after they had finished eating, trying to be confident. "I have a very important question for you..."

"Yes?" Evie replied with patience. Mal stood up from her seat and walked over to Evie's chair.

"I love you," she began. "And we've been through a lot the past few years just to be together. You mean the absolute world to me and I always want to be by your side." Mal began getting nervous, sweating slightly and wiping her forehead.

"Mal?" Evie muttered. Mal took a deep breath and got down on one knee, pulling out the small black box from her dress pocket. Evie gasped and cupped her mouth. Mal opened the box slowly, revealing a sparkling diamond ring. Evie was trying her hardest not to cry, not wanting to risk ruining the moment.

"Ready to close the space between?" Mal asked with a smile and look of hope on her face, also trying to not cry while waiting for Evie's response.

"Absolutely."