7. The Date

Dean's POV

Monday came by and the teacher asked every little question he could Think of about our picture.

"Why did you choose that caption?"

"Because the boys our our brothers the girl is our friend who is a Nerd and we love her for that and the car is my baby my '67 Chevy Impala"

"Why did you choose that place and those people?"

"Because Charlie is our best friend and Gabe is my brother who is really fun and nice"

"Sam is my only brother who's had my back and I've had his, the park is where we both had our first dates" I looked at Cas and smiled.

"And why the snow"

"Because the snow is Cas and mines favorite time"

"Now please turn in the camera and I'll grade it"

The school week went by we got even slower then before. We got an A on our project. finally it was Saturday I picked Cas up and we went to the park.

"I have hamburgers, soda and some toppings for the burgers"

"I love you" Cas smiled he loves burgers.

"I'll cook 'em on the grill" I lit the grill and cooked up the burger meat. "I hope you like it"

Cas took a bite of his burger and his face lit up "Dean, this is Delicious!"

"Oh don't flatter me"

"No I mean it this is the best burger I've ever had" Cas ate the rest of his burger and I finished mine. We packed up the pick-nick basket and went to 'frolic' basically just run around in the grass and goof off.

"Cas there's a playground!" I said rapidly tapping his shoulder. "Let's go to the playground Cas" I jumped up and down acting like a child.

"Dean Winchester you are the most childish person I have ever met" Cas said.

"And that's the reason you love me. Now let's go to the playground." I grab his arm and run to the playground with colorful bars and little platforms on chains connecting two different sides of the playground.

"Dean," Cas started "this has been a great time but when are we going to tell anyone... about us?"

"I was hoping never... at least not until it became necessary." I said

~~~~~~~~
"Dean who was that?" John said

"My boyfriend." John slapped Dean

"No, Now tell me Dean... who... was... that"

"My... my friend."

"Who is..."

"A boy. So my boy-friend"

"Good"
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shivered at the thought of him. My father isn't homophobic he was just drunk that's how he gets when he's drunk.

Jo and Naomi looked over at us from a pic-nick bench. What I didn't notice was Cas was leaning into kiss me.

Jo and Naomi ran over to us "Dean/Cas" the yelled our names cas fell over I was able to catch him.

"So you guys are gay for each other!" Jo just smirked and Naomi looked pissed.

"They better not be that is shameful and against the lords book" Naomi was practically screaming.

"Chill your tits Naomi love is love" Jo was cool about it but Naomi was visibly mad "and sure they're cute but they're cuter together"

"I'll tell the king and you'll be the laughing stock of Helldoors high" Naomi threatened.

"You know what Naomi you cannot tell me who to love" Cas started his voice raised "and if I truly love Dean then I should be able to love him and if you think that's wrong then you can Go!" Naomi and Jo left.

"Cas who's the king?" I had only been in the school for a few weeks and I had heard about the 'King' but didn't know who they were.

"Crowley. Anything he says go's, his mom is the most assertive teacher Ms. MacLeod so kids always think twice before even talking to him."

"Well umm what should we do?"

"There's nothing we can do."

***********

The day had ended and we shuffled into baby.

"So Cas want to go to the ball game with me tomorrow?"

"Sure it's not like we have much hope for hiding this so it doesn't matter." Cas sounded defeated I couldn't bare this.

"Cas let's make a deal with the devil."

"What? no! why?"

"I don't mean literally. I mean let's make a Deal with Crowley."

"Oh that's a lot better" Cas was obviously worried "but how? When?"

"Does Crowley go to the school games?"

"He has to go to every game. his dad is the coach"

"Then we'll ask Then." I look at cas with a smile. "Will you be my date to the game tomorrow?"

Cas smiled. "I would love to be your date to the game tomorrow... Dean Winchester." Cas kissed me and I started baby and we drove off."

****************
I dropped Cas off at his house and walked to the door with him. Sammy was hanging out with Gabriel and Michael was still recovering from the beating I gave him for trying to brake Cas' heart.

"By babe" I kissed Cas and grabbed Sam.

I got Sam in the car.

"So Dean did you smash yet?" I blushed.

"No I haven't smashed Cas yet." Sam giggled

"Yet." He smirked "so how did your date go?"

"It went well..." I paused "until..."

"Until what? What happened Dean" Sam was worried.

"Well you know Naomi and Jo?" I said my voice cracked

"Yeah... what did they do?"

"Well Jo was fine but Naomi... she threatened to tell the king... Crowley. And I don't think she was joking."

"Damn homophobes." Sam got angry probably remembering Anna.

~~~~~~~~~
"Hello I'm Bobby's niece, Anna"

"Sam who's that?" Anna asked

"Oh that is my gay best friend." Sam laughed and gestured to Charlie.

"Hi I'm Charlie." Charlie held out her hand Anna winced looked at it and ignored it.

"Was he joking about the gay thing?" Anna was appalled.

"No." Charlie was getting scared she had experiences with homophobes before and non ended well.

"That is wrong and-" Sam cut off Anna with a slap.

"Charlie has done nothing wrong just because she likes girls doesn't mean she's bad or wrong it just means she's different so if you want to talk to her like that you can leave my house." Bobby was angry. "Sam has good judgement and I trust his friends and if his best friend is gay that just means she is a good enough to be his friend being gay is no factor."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yeah Sammy screw homophobes" we got to the house and went to bed.