Just you and I

"Why didn't you wait for me? I could have driven you to school." Sasuke Uchiha asked, as he was also taking notes about History. "It's fine, I don't want anyone to know we are close or that I'm living with you." I replied, drawing on my notebook.

"Why not? You say that as if it's a bad thing." My desk mate stopped writing and turned towards me. "It probably is." I continued doodling. He held my hand to halt me from drawing, "Since we are being discreet in school and at home, let me bring you out today." I shook my head, declining his date. He took the notebook with his free hand, "Hey! Give it back." He took a look at it to see a badly drawn art of a father, mother and a child figure.

He slid me back my notebook and released my hands. The younger Uchiha cleared his throat awkwardly, not wanting to poke fun at my drawing. "I'm serious though. Spend some alone time with me today."

"Depends if I'm free. Sakura or Kiba might want to hang today." I continued to draw. "Then, tell them you can't. You're hanging out with me today."
"Sasuke. You can't just assume I will do whatever you say." There he goes again, just expecting everything will fall into place as he planned. The more he thinks I'm going to, the more I don't want to! Jokes on you, Sasuke!

"Yes, I can."
"No, you can't"
"Yes, I can."
"No, you Can't!" I raised my voice a little, getting annoyed by his arrogance.

"Mister Naruto, let's see if you can answer this question." The teacher fiercely asked as I was caught "chit chatting". I was singled out even though Sasuke was talking as well.
"Who fought in the French and Indian war?"

"Er... French and Indians?" I guessed the smartest answer I could think of, but hearing Sasuke face palmed I knew I was screwed.

"Absolutely wrong. It was the French and British fighting over North America land rights. Detention, Naruto." He punished me and continued with his lesson.

I turned to Sasuke, angry, I mouthed to him "This is all your fault!" All he did was smirk and pat my head.

At least now I have an excuse for neither of the Uchihas to bother me. School was over and I dozed off in a few classes, but when I heard the  bell ringing to indicate that school was over, I immediately was bursting with energy. But... then I remembered I had detention. I sighed and dragged my now-tired-again body to the class room.

I plopped myself onto the seat and awaited for a teacher to arrive. But Sasuke Uchiha arrived first. Wait.. Sasuke?!

"What are you doing here?" I folded my arms and complained under my breath as soon as I saw him.
"What does it look like? I have detention too." He took his seat next to me.
"No, you don't. Every teacher loves you."
"Yeah, I had to start a fight to get here."
"Intentionally?" I asked, wondering what is wrong with this Uchiha.
"Yeah, I told you. I wanted to spend some time with you." Sasuke leaned closer as I rolled my eyes again. He really will do anything to get his way.

"Don't forget. I'm here because of you." I moved away from the Uchiha as he tried to get closer.
"Don't worry, I remembered. I'll take you out for dinner tonight to make up for it."
I accepted his offer, as I wouldn't say no to free food! But I act as if I was reluctant to, just in case he misunderstands and think I'm excited to go out with him.. but inside, I was jumping with joy. Free! Food!

The zombie-like teacher arrived, he was so exhausted he look like he was going to faint anytime. He had a bunch of students' papers to examine. We pulled out our books and pretending to study. Sasuke allowed me to copy his homework answers. This was great! I don't have to do any homework and I get free food!
When I was done with homework, I took out my basic painting supplies and painted my drawing that I've been working on all day.

"Now you owe me a kiss." He cleared his throat. I raised my brow and a great idea struck me.
"Look, it's a pink bird!" I pointed out the window, he turned towards it to realise there was nothing but trees. When he turned to face me and I smacked pink paint on his cheek.
I giggled as I successfully managed to prank the Uchiha.
"Now you're the pink bird." I tried to hold in my laughter, looking at the smeared stain on his cheek.
"Oh? Look over there then, Kiba's waving at you."
"No way I'd believe that."
He shrugged and waved at the direction he pointed. It was the direction of the class windows showing the hallway. I took a quick glance to see if Kiba was really there and when I was quickly turned back because there was nobody and I knew I was pranked.

Upon turning my head to face him, he kissed me.

On my lips. Again.

The teacher was fast asleep at this point with a pen in his hand and drooling all over the students' papers.

"Hey, you can't keep stealing kisses from me."
"Why not?"
"J-Just because!" I diverted my eyes and continued painting.

I know he was still being competitive about the bet, but I had given up mimicking Sakura and using his flirtatious method to win his heart. Neither was very like-me and it felt really awkward to do so.

All I kept doing was being my true self.
At least that's what I'm best at being.

And he will probably fall for me. I mean, what's not to like about the real me right? So many others already have fallen. Now it's the Uchiha's turn to be under my charm!