Dare me to lose

I smiled to myself as I caught Sai cracking a smile after glancing towards me.

Sai was a really nice person after all.
He's looking out for me as the President of the student council.

I continued looking out the window, admiring the scenery behind the glass window before a familiar speeding black car caught my attention in the side view mirror.

It was Sasuke's car.

Is he following me?!
Or he could be going home as well..
The street I name dropped was far from the Uchiha's household but it was in the same direction from the school.
I tried to rationalise with my thoughts.

"Isn't that Sasuke's car behind us?" Sai took note of the car who was tailgating us. "..Yeah.. Maybe you're driving too slow?" I nervously chuckled. Sai shook his head, "No, I'm almost past the road's speed limit. But, not that the hooligan behind us would care."

He arched his brow, puzzled by what the Uchiha was doing. "He could just cut past me if I'm in his way. I don't see a point in his actions." He shook his head calmly, sighing.

Dammit Sasuke! You're gonna get me caught if you continue driving right behind us. And I don't want the entire school to know I'm living with you!

The rest of the journey continued with Sasuke following closely right behind us. I could see Sai occasionally checking in the rear view mirror to see if Sasuke was still behind us.

"I wonder if he lives near by you?" Sai questioned as he was reaching the destination. I anxiously shrugged, "I don't k-know where that bastard lives."

The car finally came to a stop and I thanked Sai for the ride home again before exiting the car and onto a random street. I checked to see if there was that black car anywhere in sight but, he was no where to be seen. I sighed in relief as Sai drove off.

I pretended to slowly walked into the driveway until I was sure that I was no longer in Sai's line of sight. I immediately dashed out of a random stranger's front porch and continued heading the direction to home. But not long after, I heard a car slowing down on the road beside the pavement.

I sighed in annoyance, knowing who it was.
"You almost got me caught!"

"But I didn't. So, get in." Sasuke wind down his window and stretched his arm, opening the passenger's door for me.

I groaned, giving up and jumping into the car before someone could spot me.
The drive home was quiet first until Sasuke unexpectedly broke the silence between us first.
"Hey.. Do you want to know why I volunteered as a tutor?" His voice was warm and tender again, not the same cold and arrogant Sasuke in school.

I turned to look at him in anticipation, "Why?" I asked him as I arched my brow.

"I thought it was best for me to avoid you as much as possible. Especially since we live together." His eyes displayed sorrow as the creases between his eyebrows formed. "It's stupid, huh?" He added, eyes glued to the road.

My eyes widen in shock. It was because of me..
"No, you shouldn't have.. I'm sorry." I mumbled under my breath.
My heart was just playing a tug of war with my mind. And I don't know how to feel about him anymore. I used to think it was best if he avoided me, but when he did.. I felt.. hurt.

He almost looked relived hearing me say that as he took a short glance over to me.
"I love you, Naruto." He calmly confessed.

He halted the car at the side of the road, turning to me to meet my widen eyes.
"And it's driving me crazy.. I realised just how much I love you when I saw Sai driving you home. I wasn't worried about Itachi seeing you two. Instead, I feared what you two were going to do."

".. Had I known I'd love you this much, I would have never started that losing game." His eyes locked onto mine, almost like he was in a trance. He inched closer and gently cupped my face. His thumb started brushing against my cheek, before slowing moving his thumb down to my lips, separating them lightly.

I had no idea why, but it felt like I had no control of my body. As he was gradually advancing to me, my body was drawn to him as well. He was pulling me in before our lips finally met.

Unlike our previous kisses, he took his time to explore my lips. His tongue slid in passively and he pushed himself further into me. He sucked me in, playing with my tongue and gently biting my bottom lip. I started to pant and a soft noise exited from my mouth.

As soon as I realised that sound belonged to me, I immediately withdrew myself from him. And his hand that was on my face didn't resist, he let me go but he was still so close I could feel his warm breath on my face.

"I-I'm sorry.." My heart was racing so fast it could jump right out of my chest. I darted my eyes away from his, I could feel my face growing warm. I must be blushing.

No, Naruto! Don't blush! Don't blush! Especially not in front of him!

"Don't be, you can take your time to decide but I've decided - I'm not giving up. It isn't a game for me anymore, and I refuse to lose you." I could feel his hand running through my hair as my eyes continued stare out of the window aimlessly.

"..What's there for me to decide?" I slowly peeped a glance from behind my shoulders, praying he doesn't see how red I was glowing.

"To be mine."

My eyes widen, as he said it so casually and cooly. My face definitely heated up more and I blurted out, "Le-Let's go home!"

He cracked a smile before agreeing. My mind went blank and the short journey felt like an eternity before we finally parked.

I was not ready for a confession.
But I have had many confessions, and this was the first one that flustered me.
I always wondered what was there to be nervous about as the jittery girls vouch for their love for me..
Rejection was never difficult for me if I had to do it.

But why didn't I reject him?
What was so hard about it this time?
This time, do I really have feelings for him..?

The next thing I knew, I was in my room. Knelt down and leaned against my door that was shut, I felt so confused and a mixture of other emotions.

I had my two hands pressed against my lips in shock as I finally played back what had happened in the car.

That kiss.. was different.
Sasuke was different.