Trust the liar

"He-"

Sasuke's gripped on my mouth grew tighter. "We both like Sakura. And we made a promise to each other that we wouldn't go for her."

Kiba's eyes widen, yet somehow he seemed bothered by what he had just heard."..What?! Naruto... You like Sakura?!"

I violently shook my head, but it just looked as though I was a shy kid with a crush, afraid to tell the whole world about it. Kiba looked a little upset, but he then started laughing at me, "Should have seen this coming. But why make a promise?"

"Because neither of us have a good reputation with girls, and we didn't want to tarnish hers." Sasuke calmly explained, his hand still covering the lower half of my face. I continued shaking my head, but Kiba actually believed Sasuke.

The younger Uchiha requested for Kiba to go back into the house and check on Sakura.

With Kiba gone, it was just the two of us alone at the front porch. "I don't care if you believe me or not, but if word gets out we've been playing this game, it'll spread like wildfire and Itachi will hear of it." Sasuke leaned against the wooden pillar, folding his arms sternly.

"For the last time, I did not try anything with Sakura. She was ill, I took care of her. That was it. Is it wrong to be a decent human being?" He continued, as if chiding me.

I stood there, staring back at him. ".. I don't believe you, because you aren't a decent human being. The Sasuke Uchiha I know is selfish." I left him at the porch, threatening him not to go back into the house.

"The game's over." I slammed the front door shut.

I returned to Sakura's room where Kiba playfully nudged me after knowing my 'crush' on Sakura. We spent a few more hours taking care of Sakura before she finally drifted off to slumber. We bid Sakura's mother goodbye and left.

Kiba and I parted our separate ways to go home, after walking a few blocks, I turned around to see if Kiba was following me before heading for the direction of the Uchiha's house. I still didn't want him to know I stay with the brothers.

But now that I'm on bad terms with Sasuke now.. do I move out?

I creaked open the door, peeping to scan for any Uchiha in sight. When it was cleared, I made a mad dash into my room and shut the door behind me.

"So how's Sakura?" A voice startled me. I looked up to see it was Sasuke, sitting on my bed.

"Hey! You shouldn't be in here without my permission!" I yanked him off my bed, grabbing him by the collar. He returned the grasp, as if ready for a fight. "I repeat.. how's Sakura?" He tried to calm himself down. That's like two times I've seen him do that now. Usually he would just impulsively strike.

He let go of me and I did the same.

"She's good. Don't worry." I reported reluctantly. Does he really care for Sakura? Or is he good at pretending as he was with me?

He returned to sitting on my bed. "I knew you would try to avoid me, that's why I'm here."

I sink into the roller chair beside my study table. "So what do you want? Me to move out?"

"No, I want to make things clear. I didn't break any rules. I still care for her because I'm still in love with her. But I did not try getting back together with her."

"So why are you telling me this?" I felt uncomfortable, listening him talk about love.. and Sakura.

"Now that the game is done, I'm letting you know I'm going to try and win her back."

I rolled my eyes, "And? Why are you telling me all this?" My heart was about to explode.

"Because as her best friend, and my housemate, I thought I should let you know."

My heart shattered, after everything, does he only regard me as someone that's staying with him?

"Whatever! I don't care! Do what you want." I dragged him off the bed and pushed him with all my strength out of my room. I shut and locked the door, before replaying and digesting what he said.

I don't know why, but I was feeling.. lonely.. and miserable. As when I did when my parents just passed away.. these feelings ate me up I was leaving alone. I haven't felt like this in a while, but now it's all back to haunt me again.

But why do I feel like this?

I woke up from my alarm blaring, got showered and left my room. I couldn't stand the sight of Sasuke Uchiha, I left without eating anything. Itachi was offering me breakfast when I shut the front door on him, Sasuke was just ignoring me as though I was invisible.

Kiba was waiting for me as usual, he looked as worn out as I did. He seemed visibly sad, daydreaming until I walked up to him. "You okay, Kiba?" I asked while reaching the school's entrance.

He seemed to snap out of it and returned it to his usual self. "I don't know. Maybe this is what heartbreak feels like?" He joked, and laughing the question off.

Heartbreak?

"Man, you don't look too good yourself." Kiba teased, his hands ruffling through my hair. I cracked a grin, and caught sight of somebody.

It was Sakura.

"Are you feeling better?" I questioned as she made her way closer to us.

She nodded, "Thanks to you guys.. And Sasuke." Smiling ear to ear as she said his name.

My heart felt uncomfortable again.

I nodded as we proceeded into school.

Sasuke sat beside me in all classes that we shared together, but we didn't exchange a single word to each other. Everytime he was near me, my heart starts to race. And I'll catch myself watching him from the corner of my eye.

Lunch finally came around and I could have a break from the younger Uchiha.