Rivalry

"It's over. We're done." I clicked sent. The message was for my not so current girlfriend. It had only been 4 days and I've broken up with her. I'm Naruto Uzumaki, the school's most infamous player. Don't get me wrong though, I don't cheat. I simply move on too quickly and I don't know what I want neither do i know what to look for in a person. Either I'm just killing time because I'm bored, or maybe I just need a companion.

Maybe school is just too boring and I'm going insane. But there's one thing in school that really drives me crazy. Another student named Sasuke Uchiha. He is absolutely arrogant that he dated just a handful of girls more than me and always shoves it in my face. Alright, fine. I lied at the start, I'm not the most infamous player.

Yet.

Just you wait, Sasuke Uchiha!

I sighed hearing from my best friends, Sakura and Kiba telling me that within the short period of 4 days while I was dating one, Sasuke Uchiha already dumped 2 girls. I hated losing to him, but some weeks I would get lucky and beat him. But recently, my score hasn't been equal to his'. And that sarcastic smile of his' pisses me off! I have never talked to that man before so I don't know how is he like but he sure is a cocky bastard to me.

"Sakura, I don't care how good looking he is.. If you ever date my rival and add to his count, you're not my best friend anymore!" I told Sakura as we were eating our lunches. "Speak of the devil." Sakura eyeballed someone, her eyes followed the person of interest. I turned around, chewing on my piece of rice cake. Sasuke Uchiha was walking into the canteen with his arm wrapped around a new transferred female student.

He caught me staring, and gave me that typical smirk of his'. "Oh man, already? He's real quick to attack.." Kiba mumbled before I saw Sakura elbowed him. I swiftly turned back around to resume munching angrily on my rice cakes. I'll show him! Then I'll wipe that stupid grin off his stupid face.

We returned to class and awaited for our History teacher. Sasuke was seated right behind me with the new chick so I could hear his disgusting flirts with her. I mentally threw up. "I'm sure you'd never date a dumb blonde right?" A sentence from him caught my attention between our teacher's lecture.

I'm sure as hell it was directed at me.

I could hear her laugh, "Of course not!" She answered.
I turned around, adding to the comment and response just made. "I'm sure if you've heard of the dumb blonde joke, you've also heard that blondes have more fun right? That, I can assure you is true." I stated, smiling from ear to ear.

"That's alright, I'm sure I've given her all the fun she could handle already." Sasuke quickly retorted, grinning sarcastically as usual.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I doubt it." I continued before turning back to face our teacher.

I was right! My perception of him is 100% accurate! Arrogant! Bastard!

"Alright class, we'll be having an upcoming project. Two students will take on one project so there will be no slacking off." Announced the teacher. Everyone groaned as he started reading off the list.

"Sakura Haruno and Kiba Inuzuka."

Crap, usually I would get partnered with either of them because my teacher knew I'm closer to them. But then again, he also knows I'm always the one not participating in projects. Probably paired me up with some idiot to force me to do some work. Wonder which unlucky idiot will that be.

"Naruto Uzumaki and..."

He cleared his throat, "Sasuke Uchiha."

The whole class reacted. Of course, even myself! What kind of evil teacher would put the two laziest students on the same project?! What kind of evil teacher would force me to study?!

"No!" Sasuke and I both stood up, objecting the decision our teacher has made. We were in perfect sync, "I'm not working with that idiot!" We both yelled. Our cruel teacher shook his head and said he has made a firm decision for what's best for us.

It was graded. Which means I'm so screwed. Not only is he lazy but he's a total stuck up piece of crap! I was already prepared to fail it at this point.

The class bell rang and class was dismissed. I packed up my books and prepared to leave for the next class. "Hey, Uzumaki." A voice that pissed me off called out to me. I looked back, raising my brow. "What do you want?"

"I'm taking this project seriously. So I hope you will do the same."

"And why should I?" I snorted, even though I should because it was my grades but helping him out just would tick me off so bad.

"Because I said so." He grabbed his bag and pushed his way past me.

What the hell is his problem?

"I wonder why did teacher pair you up with Sasuke Uchiha.. He always scores well in every subject and project." Sakura hurried over. Kiba nodded, "Yeah, he's our school's top student."

What?! Sasuke?! Uchiha?!
How would Sasuke have the time to play with feelings and study for papers and projects?!
I almost felt defeated again.
But I wouldn't let myself lose to him so easily!