Resentment

I found myself running over to Kiba's house. At least that's where I'm hoping Kiba and Sakura will be at. Through out the mad dash to his house, the images of his facial expression kept flashing in my head, as if it was burnt into my brain.

That agony..

I just couldn't shake it off.

It was my fault. All mine.

I rang his door bell vigorously, impatiently waiting for his face to appear. Kiba's mother opened the door, "Oh hello, Naruto. Aren't you suppose to be in school right now?"

I nodded, "Yes. But is Kiba around?"

She nodded as well, "Of course. He's not feeling well. Where else would he go?" She chuckled to herself as she invited me in.  Kiba's dog, Akamaru started sniffing and barking at me, wagging his tail. I patted him for two seconds before rushing into his room after thanking his mother.

"K-Kiba!" I swung open the door, Kiba was alone in his dimly lit bedroom. Huddled in a corner. "Why are you here? I want to be alone." Kiba glanced over briefly, before tucking his face back to his knees.

I sat down beside him, on the cold hard ground. "Kiba.." My hands reaching out to him, he smacked them away from him abruptly. "Don't. Don't waste your time here. Go find your Uchiha instead." He uttered coldly, without looking at me.

I never seen Kiba like this before.

".. Sasuke didn't replace you, he could never.."

"Then why did you lie to me, Uzumaki?! Again and again?! You constantly pushed me away and stopped going out with Sakura and I for him." His face turned to me fiercely, his eyes holding those miserable feelings again. It made me ache.

"I'm sorry.. It was never intentional." I cut off his eye contact, I couldn't bear to look at him any longer. Every second hurts more.

"Of all people.. why does it have to be Uchiha you chose?" His faint voice echoed in his bed room.

It was what I was thinking exactly.
Why Sasuke Uchiha?

"There's... nothing between us. Nothing more than a stupid game."

"What? A game?" He questioned.

"Sasuke and I made a bet to fake-date each other, whoever caught feelings first, loses."

"Naruto... did you lose?" Kiba looked up from his feet to gaze into my eyes, craving for the answer.

"I..." I bit my lip.
"I.. didn't." My stomach dropped as I heard that question. But it was true. I didn't lose. Sasuke announced that he fell for me first.
I can't admit that I have these feelings for Uchiha.

I won't.
Because I refuse to believe it.
I must have been confused, or forced. Sasuke must have brainwashed me with his charm and tricks.

I'm clear and sober now. I won't fall for it again.

"What a stupid game.."
He smiled to himself and continued, " But man.. if we were to play that game, I would lose too."

That's right.. Kiba confessed that he loves me. Now that I think about it.. he did say once he had these feelings for a certain someone.

Was that someone... me after all?

I blinked a couple times at him, not knowing what to say.

"So.. y-you'll forgive me?" I decided to switch the topic up, diverting back to the main focus.
"Heh. But you owe me one." Kiba started grinning at me, like his old self.

I pounced on him, hugging him. "Thank you, Kiba! You're the only one that means the world to me!"

He laughed, being suffocated by my body weight above him. "No more playing such stupid games, especially with assholes. Alright? I really missed you, y'know?" His arms wrapped around me in return.

"I thought you.. were sleeping with him. And I completely lost it. Sorry if I scared you, Naruto." He continued to talk, pulling me apart from our hug. He held my shoulders, balancing my body weight on his hands. Just for our eyes to meet.

I spent the rest of the day in his room, catching up on the time lost. I felt the distance between us disappearing. It made me realize just how much time I did spend with Sasuke Uchiha, and not with my best friends.

I ate dinner with Kiba's family and played with Akamaru like the good old times before deciding it was time to head home. "See you in the morning!" He waved goodbye.

That was a relief. I almost thought I lost him.

I was walking to my bus stop when I saw a familiar silhouette on the bench.

I quickly walked past him, praying that he didn't notice my presence.
He knew I would come here.. Was he waiting for me?!

Sasuke caught my wrist, "Are you still mad?"
"Let me go.." I tried to wiggle my arm free.

"You were at Kiba's place for so long." His grip on my wrist tighten. "Did he try anything?" He continued asking.

"It's none of your business! Now let me go!" I tried pulling his arm off me, but he was too strong. He didn't even budge.

He had such a look in his eyes. It was a mixture of anger, jealousy, sadness and pain.

"What must I do for you to forgive me?" The seriousness in his voice was scaring me.

"Let. Me. Go." I repeated myself. And he did what he was told, immediately, he released me. I don't exactly know what I fully meant by let me go. But it wasn't just directed at his grip on my arm.

I took at opportunity to bolt over to the bus stop and it was as though someone was looking out for me, my bus arrived just in the nick of time. I boarded it without second thoughts.

Leaving him behind.

I locked my bedroom door behind me as soon as I reached into my room. But I remembered he had the keys to my room. I decided to sleep against the door, so I would know if he tried to attack me in my sleep tonight.

I woke up, back and head aching. I had such a hard time sleeping and staying asleep. I kept waking up, maybe because it was uncomfortable or maybe I was on edge and paranoid. I kept waking up at the slightest sounds.

I showered and headed out early for school as usual, skipping breakfast. Not wanting to see either of the Uchihas.

I should really consider moving out..