Quality time

"And what if I want to restart the game?" Sasuke's smirked as he said that.

I was taken aback, unsure if I take his words seriously.

I never knew when to take Sasuke seriously and how to tell if he was joking or flirting with me.

I shook my head and turned to face the window. "I'm done playing your games." He keeps messing with my head, and I hate it.

There was a long moment of silence, before he spoke out. "I'm dead serious though." I only replied him by shaking my head, denying the suggestion again. I didn't even want to speak to him anymore.

After a long and quiet ride, we finally reached our first destination. The historic coal mine. All students were in pairs as the guide introduced the coal mine and it's history.

My walking buddy was Sasuke Uchiha, of course. I was trying my best to walk without wincing in pain but the longer I walk, the harder it was to keep up the act. The coal mine was really tight and I kept crashing into Sasuke's shoulder.

I tried to keep up the pace but my legs were failing me. Eventually I was lagging behind the class, Sasuke followed my pace and moved slowly. "You alright?" He asked after noticing the obvious delay in movement. I ignored him, trying to catch up to the class.

"Hey. I asked if you're alright." He grabbed my arm firmly, stopping me in my tracks. Beads on sweat came rolling down my head after using so much effort just to walk. "I am! So, leave me alone!" I swung off his grasp on my arm. I persisted to walk as my class were moving further and further ahead of me.

Suddenly, arms slipped under me and I was being carried by Sasuke Uchiha. "Put me down! What the hell are you doing?!" I struggled to get off him, but to no avail.

"I don't know what happened to you, but I'll carry you closer to the class. I'll put you down when we're nearer so no one notices." He shushed me to keep my voice down. I wasn't left much of a choice but to let him help me. He finally placed me on my feet again when we got to the back of the class.

The guide's voice echoed the empty and dimly lit cave, he announced the next stop to be the bomb shelter which was not far from here. I was able to push myself to walk again, after resting for a bit.

We entered the other cave and the guide continued rambling on about its past which I totally blocked out because I was too focus on walking. I could feel Sasuke observing my every move, checking to see if I was doing okay. I started decreasing in speed again. I sighed angrily as I was getting frustrated with myself.

"Are you not feeling well?" Sasuke asked me again, unable to tell what's wrong as I tried my best not to limp. "I'm fine!" I lied again. Sasuke began displaying a concerned look. "You're obviously not fine. What happened?" He continued interrogating me.

"I don't need your help, Uchiha." I carried on dragging myself.

He grabbed me, attempting to lift me up again. This time I was on guard and so I could swiftly dodge his arms. "I said, I don't need your help! So don't touch me!" I was so fed up, I didn't realize I was walking faster to get away from him. Out of the blue, my ankle finally gave in, and I fell to my knees on the rocky and sandy ground.

At this point, we lost track of our class who was moving at a constant speed that I failed to follow. Sasuke came running to me, carrying me into his arms again. I stayed silent as he made his way over to our History teacher to inform him that I had taken a fall. The guide hastily lead us out, and Sasuke put me back onto the bus where he took a first aid kit to patch up my knees. He had to remove my shoes and jeans to reveal my scratched up and slightly bloodied knees.

That's when he saw my bandaged ankle.

"You were walking with this? You know you're only making it worse." Sasuke reprimanded me, while looking at my swell up ankle. "Was it from yesterday's fall?" He sighed as knew it was pointless to get angry at me. Instead, his anger turned to concern.

I continued to stay quiet.

After applying ointment and plastering my wounds, he helped me put on my jeans. Just in time for the class to finish up their tour. They returned to their seats in the buses, we were making one last stop to the historic temple and palace. While on the way there, teacher checked in on me to see how I was doing. Sasuke informed our teacher that he would be opting out for the next stop to take care of me. Our history teacher agreed.

It was the next stop and everyone got off the bus. Except for Sasuke and I. Even the bus driver was taking a break at a near by food stall.
The bus was eerily quiet for awhile before Sasuke turned to face me.

"Do you like Itachi now or what?" He asked abruptly before his eyes studied my face. I raised my brow before putting on my best poker face. "It's none of your business.."
I cleared my throat and turned to look away at scenery behind the glass window. "..Are you and Sakura getting back together?" It was now my turn to ask the question.

Sasuke mimicked me, raising his eyebrow and proceeded to shake his head.

"Will you and her get back together?" I shifted my eyes towards him, curious.

"Why does that matter? Unless you want me all to yourself?" Sasuke smirked again, leaning in closer too.

"I-I just care about Sakura, I don't give a damn about you!" I quickly retorted, feeling my face heat up. I quickly turned to the window again, avoiding his snobby eyes.

"A-and stop flirting with me, Goddamn Uchiha! We aren't playing games anymore!" I shouted, I sounded fierce but I still couldn't bear to look at him.

"I told you, let's restart the game. We've competed for so long, it would be pointless if there isn't a winner." He cupped my chin, pulling my lips in.

I could feel his breathing.
Part of me wanted to kiss him.
The other part of me wanted to run away.

This is nothing but a game to you..