Under the same roof

School finally ended and I had promised Kiba that I would spend some time with him after school. I decided to have him over to check out my new bedroom at the Uchiha's residence.

After all, he hasn't seen my new place yet.
He would always be over at my previous apartment despite how old, stinky and dysfunctional everything was.

I inserted the key into the main door to open it and noticed none of the brothers shoes were not at the doorway. I had a sense of relief rushing through me while turning over my shoulder to signal Kiba to come in sneakily.

Wait, why am I behaving stealthily in my own home? It almost feels as if I'm doing something wrong, but theres nothing wrong with bringing my friend home!

"Woah, these jerk brothers have a biiiig house." Kiba commented as he walked up the stairs to my room, taking this chance to analyse the interior of the house. "Wooooah, your bedroom is huuuge! You even have a private bathroom in your room now?!" Kiba teleported all over the place, seemingly checking out every little corner and detail of my room.

He was right. My old room and house were much smaller and cramped. The interior was falling apart and old fashioned. It must be an big difference upgrading to a 5 star hotel looking bed room.

We settled in and studied for our finals while having casual conversations in between on the floor. With textbooks, notebooks and stationary scattered all over the ground again, it started to feel like how it was once. Before I was associated with..

I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard noise coming from the first floor. It had one of the brothers returning home from school. I immediately stopped conversing to listen out for a voice.
The footsteps were now moving up the stairs, closer to my door now.

My heart raced as I heard a female's voice, giggling as they move further from my room and into the direction of another bedroom.

It couldn't be Itachi, he's not the type to..
It had to be him.

I began to regain my composure as I heard the bedroom door shut in the distance.
But Kiba nudged me, startling me again. "You alright? You look.. distracted." I shook my head vigorously. "I-I'm just lost by this question!" Avoiding his eye contact as I pointed down to my mock test paper question.

It's no good. I can't study or focus at all like this. I should really consider moving out. But where to? And will I be able to afford it? Because I had a great relationship with my previous landlord, I was never required to pay the rent in full, on time. I had time to work jobs during the school holidays to pay off the outstanding amounts.

Where can I find a landlord as patient and trusting like him?

While I was zoning out again, Kiba was leaning down closer to read the question I was stuck on from the textbook that was under me. Man, that's easy! It's-" He looked up to me, and his voice pulled me out of my worried thoughts again. My eyes diverted to his from the textbook, and he was in the motion of looking up to me. His head collided with my chin by accident.

"Owh!" My best friend yelped out loud from the impact.

"Crap, I'm so sorry!" I apologised frantically, rubbing the top of his head. His brown locks of hair felt so soft and fluffy. He laughed out loud,
"Is your chin made out of steel? That hurt like hell!"
I cracked a smile and began chuckling too, realising how stupid and clumsy we are.
"I don't think I can study anymore, I have a concussion." Kiba continued cackling to himself, trying to find excuses to not study.

"Neither can I. I think I broke my jaw." I carried on snickering with my hand attempting to soothe his aching head. Kiba cupped my chin, checking to see if I was alright.