Sleeping with the enemy

"Is that true, Naruto?" Sakura questioned me, her face displayed a mix of confusion and disbelief.
"... It's true." I confessed, avoiding her eye contact. I could no longer lie to them. The guilt was eating me up.

Sakura was astonished, "But.. why? Why did you lie?"

"I didn't want you guys to know I was staying with Sasuke Uchiha. Because you both didn't like him very much at that point of time." I bowed, "I'm very sorry for lying. I wanted to tell you the truth but I.. I couldn't." I tried my best to hold back my tears of remorse.

"I don't understand.. why are you staying with Sasuke Uchiha?" Sakura continued interrogating me. Kiba was too mad and hurt for words.

"I can't tell you that.." I looked onto the ground, avoiding both of their eyes as they stared at me so intensely it could burn a hole through me.
I couldn't tell Kiba and Sakura I've been playing a game with Sasuke. I promised Sasuke I wouldn't..

"Spare me the bullshit, you've been sleeping with Sasuke Uchiha right?! And that 'crush on Sakura' was just a cover up!" Kiba stepped forward towards me, grabbing onto my collar.

"I can't believe I let you play me for a fool, and lie to me over and over again.. Naruto.. To think, I... loved you so much.. how foolish of me." He let go of me, and stormed away from the school's entrance.

Sakura looked at me with a final glance of disappointment before leaving me alone to chase Kiba.

I dropped to my knees.

Kiba loved me?

What did I just do.. to my two best friends? The only people to have been there for me since my parents left me all alone. Kiba's right.. I lied to them, again and again. I left them behind again and again.. I hurt them.. and all for what?

For who? Sasuke Uchiha?

As Sasuke drove past the school's gates, but as soon as he spotted me on the ground, sobbing to myself. He exited the car and bolted over. "Naruto? What happened?"

"Leave me alone! This is all your fault.."

"Right.. Kiba found out you were staying with me. What's the big deal?" He rolled his eyes.

"The big deal is you should never lie to your friends! It's something you wouldn't understand because you give a damn about anyone else but yourself!"

Sasuke picked me up, but I struggled.
"Let me go!"
"Stop making a scene out here. It won't make shit any better!"
Sasuke dragged me into his car and drove back home. I continued my whimpering in bed and he just sat quietly, right next to me.
"I have to tell them the truth, Sasuke.."

"You can't.. Itachi will hear of it. You'll hurt-"

"Right now, its either I hurt your brother or I hurt my best friends and I'm sorry, I'm choosing your brother!" I wailed, feeling horrible to say such a thing but I would definitely rather tell the truth to my friends than lie again.

"I lost anyway! I vividly remembered now, I told you, I fell for you! So TA-DA! You're the winner! I hope you're fucking happy now." I wiped away my tears as I was screaming at him, but more tears kept rolling down and I was unable to stop.

"No, I'm not happy. Seeing you cry hurts me." His thumb rubbed my cheeks to stop the tears from rolling down.

I smacked his hand off me.
"The game is over now, you can stop your pretense!" I  wiped away my own tears, but it just won't stop.

Sasuke firmly grabbed my both of wrists, wanting my full attention. "You're wrong. Everything I say is the truth. I hate seeing you get hurt, that is the truth. Seeing you cry hurts me, that is the truth. I love you, and that is the truth too."

I looked up and my teary eyes met his'.

"I fell for you first, and it was selfish of me not to tell you. I only wanted the game to continue because I realised how much I needed you and I wanted to continue to be able to love you. I tried getting back with Sakura to put an end to this infatuation but I just didn't feel the same way with her as I did with you. That's why I didn't.. I know, I am selfish. You can hate me."

"Yes! I hate you! Yes! You're fucking selfish! Your brother loves me, Kiba loves me too. So what makes you think you're special?! I rather choose any of those two than you! I hate that I fell for you! Of all people, why you?! Anyone but you!" I started hitting him, as I was equally angry at him and myself.

But my blows to him didn't hurt him as much as my words to him.

He looked at me, frowning miserably as though he was trying to suppress the pain inside. The same look Kiba gave me..

"I'm sorry. Please, go ahead and hurt me until you feel better." He stood there with that sorrowful expression, taking my smacks. Not moving an inch.

I finally stopped. "This is pointless. I won't feel better.." I wiped my tears and hid under my blanket. I didn't want to see him anymore. "Go away." I sobbed, my choked up voice muffled by my sheets. He sat there for a few more seconds before I heard him sigh and the pressure on my bed was lifted.

Not long after, I heard the my bedroom door close.

I was now alone in my room, crying my eyes out. I felt so sorry, my regrets and remorse eating me up inside.

What if I lose my two best friends over this?
Just for an asshole..

My shaky hands clenched my sheets as more tears escaped from my eyes.

I just couldn't shake the image of Kiba's expression. The amount of pain I inflicted on him.

After crying for an hour more, I realized I could do something about it instead of sulking in bed all day. I washed my face and headed straight for my bedroom door. As I swung it open, Sasuke almost lost his balance.

He was resting against my door for the past hour?

"What are you doing?" I shimmied between the door frame and him, not allowing myself to touch a single fibre of his'.

"Checking on you." He rose to his feet, "Are you still mad at me?"

I ignored him, walking to my stairs and out the front door.

Yes, Sasuke. Forgiveness don't come easy, it's something you earn. You should learn that. The world may revolve around you, but I sure don't.