Prologue

Before we begin, I would like to give a quick thank you to all my readers and fans! I love you all very dearly and don't know where I would be without you all. Actually, I do know: Not very far.

I hope you enjoy this story that I've been working hard on. And I know I've been saying this a lot lately but thanks again!

Without further ado, here's your chapter!

Copyright © 2011 YouCantBreakMe3

All Rights Reserved.

Copyright: This story, 'Never Letting Go', including all chapters, prologues/epilogues, and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks, and eReaders) is copyrighted under the copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (YouCantBreakMe3) and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution, or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

* Prologue *

7 Years Old

I giggled as he chased me around the perimeter of the sandbox, my chestnut colored hair floating in the wind behind me.

"I'm gonna get you!" he yelled, making me laugh even more.

I pulled on the hem of my dress that was covered in flowers, making sure that it stayed down.

Suddenly, I came crashing to the ground as I tripped on a big rock that was in my path. I lay on the ground, hugging my knee which now had a cut across it.

He appeared by my side in a second, his eyes filled with worry as he stared down at me.

"Evie, are you okay?" he asked. I could tell he was on the verge of crying and I hated seeing him sad so I forced a smile and nodded.

"It hurts, but I'm fine," I said, sitting up.

"Here, you can have this," he said, handing me his blue raspberry flavored ring pop.

I smiled at him as he helped me back up to my feet.

"And I swear that when you were down, I didn't look at your pink underwear," he said, raising his hands in surrender.

I blushed but giggled anyways. He was just too funny.

"Sure, Shane," I said, rolling my eyes at his comment.

I looked at him and his face was serious, as if he was thinking really hard about something.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, suddenly beginning to panic.