Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I sat at my desk, trying to focus on the writing in front of me.

I read the same sentence ten times before grabbing the book and flinging it across the room, letting out a groan of annoyance.

I was bored and had decided to read but now I feel like I was suddenly diagnosed with ADHD. I couldn't focus.

I got up and grabbed my purse that was hanging off the end of my bed.

Flicking the light off in my room, I clambered down the stairs and out the front door, not sure exactly where I was going.

Honestly, I didn't care either. I just wanted some fresh air.

I walked for about ten minutes before finding a cute, little coffee shop on the corner.

It looked like one of those nice, good quality coffee shops that lots of people went to yet it wasn't overcrowded.

Shrugging, I opened the door and walked in, before instantly regretting it.

But I couldn't walk out now. It'd just show how weak I was.

I walked towards the front, my head held high and my gaze facing towards the front, not paying attention to the table of familiar teenagers laughing hysterically.

A blond girl doubled over in laughter, grabbing the blond guy who was beside her's arm.

The guy laughed as well, smiling at her as his arm wrapped around her petite little body.

Just then, the blond girl flung her hair back up. I faced forward again, blushing slightly and hoping they hadn't noticed me.

"Next!"

I jumped, startled before blushing a bit more and moving forward in line.

"Um, yes. Can I get a iced caramel latte and a cinnamon roll, please?" I asked.

She nodded and grabbed them for me before telling me the amount. I gave her the money and let her hand me back the change before walking away.

I turned around at the wrong moment though, because just then, the blond girl appeared in front of my eyes.

"Hey, you look familiar," she told me, cutting to the chase.

My eyes went wide, surprised that should would recognize me. Then again, I'd be sad if she hadn't.

"Um... I'm Evie," I told her, smiling slightly.

"Evie? Evie Haywood?!"

I nodded, smiling. She remembered me!

Suddenly, her arms were wrapped around me as she squeezed me to death.

"Oh my gosh, Evie! I missed you! Gosh! There's no one fun to talk to here about gossip, guys, and you always have the best advice," she said.

I chuckled. "Well, I've missed you, too. Actually, I've missed you all," I admit, smiling slightly.

"Yeah! I know Shane's glad to have you back," she says.

I laugh at her. "You've got it all wrong Cass," I tell her.

She rolls her eyes at me, placing a hand on her hip. "Oh please! I'm sure, by the end of the month, you will have Shane beginning on his knees for you," she says, placing her hands on my shoulders, keeping me at arms length.

"I wish," I mutter, even though I know she heard me.

"Come to a party tonight, with me," Cassidy says, ignoring my last comment. This is one of the reasons why I love her so much. She knows when to talk, when to listen, and when to change topics.