Chapter 9

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!

[][][][][]

Chapter Nine

Eve's P.O.V.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my facial expression complete awe. I looked at the short white dress that was hugging my body and complimenting my curves. I smiled, remembering when I had bought it.

At first, when I saw it, I wasn't exactly sure about it. I just figured maybe if it worked good and I got it then I wouldn't have to deal with Shane for much longer. But when I came out of the dressing room, I think we were both in awe.

It was a plain, white dress. It was short and the chest part had sparkles on it. Under that was a white belt with decoration in the middle. At the bottom, it was made of a feather material. I didn't think it was going to look this good at all and the length was out of my comfort zone but seeing it on me now, I realized how perfect it was.

The shortness of the dress complimented my long legs. My brown hair was curled and pulled to one side, with a silver flower pin in the back to make sure it stayed. I wore a pair of silver pumps and I had a black cardigan in my hand, just in case I got cold or uncomfortable.

"Eve, are you ready?" Shane asked, walking into my room. He was adjusting the black tie around his neck but when he looked up at me, he stopped, looking over me.

Suddenly, I became uncomfortable and began fidgeting in the dress. Ducking my head, I blushed.
"It looks horrible. I know," I said.

When I looked up, my eyes went wide in surprise seeing that Shane was a mere centimeters away from me.

"You look beautiful," he said, his gaze intense. We stayed like that for a few seconds before he pulled away, looking down at my bedroom floor before looking back up at me.

"We should probably get going," he said before leaving the room.

Looking at the clock, I realized it was 4:23 in the afternoon. The party started at five and it took us at least half an hour to get there.

"Right," I muttered to myself. Grabbing my wristlet that contained my lip gloss, mascara, cell phone, and some money, I took one last look in the mirror before taking a deep breath and heading out the door.

[][][][][]

"Eve! You look beautiful!" My mom said, hugging me when I saw her.

I hugged her back and gave her a slight smile. "Thank you," I said. "You look beautiful, too."

And it was true. She did look amazingly beautiful. My mom wore a dark purple dress that came down to about mid thigh on her. It had one strap that was silver. It started on her right shoulder and crossed over to her left. Her hair was thrown up in an elegant bun and she wore purple heels.

"Thank you, sweetie," she said, holding me at arm's length before kissing my cheek.

"Now," she said, pulling away. "It's time to go."

My dad walked into the room then, his tux on, his black tie nicely tied around his neck.

He smiled at me before giving me a one armed hug, careful not to ruin my hair which I had worked hard on.

"You look beautiful, pumpkin," he told me, kissing my forehead.

I smiled, leaning into his chest. I don't really get any time to my dad anymore. Or at least I didn't in L.A. I'm hoping that Miami will be different and that we can do something together soon.