Chapter 1

Chapter 1 {EDITED}

I sighed, walking into the summer heat. Even in the shortest yet modest shorts I could find and a camisole, it was still wicked hot out.

There wasn’t even a light breeze, making me groan into the air. L.A. is so hot!

I walked home since I only lived about two minutes from the school.

I looked at the house in front of me. It isn’t huge but it isn't small either. It was a good size. The outside is a light green color that reminds me of mint. The bright white window panes stand out against the dull house.

Flowers stuck out of the green colored lawn, lining the walkway.

I look in the driveway and see that both of my parents are home. I groan.

At lunch, my dad had called me telling me to meet him in his office when I got home. Last time,  my dad called me into his office with a dire need to talk to me, that resulted in us moving all the way here to LA, much to my disappointment.

Thinking of Miami makes me think of that certain brown haired boy that I spent my entire childhood with. My heart ached. Ever since I moved here, I’d been dying to see him again. Every night, I fall asleep, wondering when and how I’ll see him again and what’ll be like.

I’m counting down the days until I graduate high school and then it’s ‘Hello again, Miami!’ for college. I smiled at the thought and skipped up the walkway, twisting the doorknob and then walking into the house. I was immediately hit with cool air and let out a sigh of relief. It was so nice!

I dropped my school bag near the door and kicked off my flip flops before walking through the house to my father’s office. I slowly pushed the door open as the room came into view.

His desk was placed in the middle of the room where he sat on his office chair, looking over a group of papers and tapping furiously away on his Mac.

My mom was laid across the couch, the remote in her hand as she watched The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

That show was so dramatic and full of bullshit I was surprised that people watched it. I seriously didn’t get what intrigued people that watched it.

I rolled my eyes and walked further into the room as the door creaked, gaining me attention from my parents.

My dad began talking and that’s when I noticed he was wearing his blue tooth. My dad was always working which is one reason why I missed Miami so much. Back in Miami, he didn’t work as much and we were closer. And the days that he was working a lot, I wouldn’t complain because that would just mean more time with Shane.

“Hey,” I said awkwardly, moving my hand in a half-circle motion.

My dad pointed to the seat right in front of him and I sat down as he continued to talk to whomever.

My mom got up from the couch and turned the TV off.

“Your dad’s talking to Jake from State Farm,” she said, a small smile on her lips. I laughed and smiled back at her.

My mom got annoyed with the fact that my dad worked so much so whenever he was up until morning working, she’d always go downstairs and tell him to tell ‘Jake from State Farm’ that she said hi.

He’d frown at her and then explain that he wishes he could spend more time with us but work is hectic right now. This always made us roll our eyes.

My father looked at my mom and gave her a look. She shrugged.

“Okay, well Evie’s back home and I have to talk to her so I’ll call back later,” he said into the blue tooth.

A few seconds later, he hung up and placed his hands on his desk, looking directly in my eyes.

“Yes, dad?” I asked.

“Well, I have news,” he said.

“Yeah, because last time you said that, it turned out so well,” I muttered but he heard me.

“Well, that’s why now, it’s the opposite. We’re moving back to Miami,” he said.

My jaw dropped as a million thoughts raced through my mind. The best thought though was; Shane.

“But what about senior year? And your work? And what about the house? Where are we moving back to?” I asked.

My dad chuckled. “Evie, do you want to stay in LA?” he asked.

My eyes went wide as I shook my head. “No! Miami, please! Take me! I was just asking.”

My dad laughed again and smiled at me. “I’m done working here.  Have been for about two years now. Now, I can go back to Miami and you can finish off high school there.”

“Wait a minute,” I said. “You’ve been done working in LA for two years?!”

My dad bit his lip and looked at my mom.

“Well,” my mom said. “Your dad has been trying to get back into the same neighborhood we were in before and now, our old house is for sale!” she said smiling.

I sighed. “But still. Being in Miami two years ago and then moving to our old house would’ve been way better!” I said.

“Yeah, but then we’d spend more money,” my dad countered.

“Whatever, it’d be worth it,” I said.

Not that anything was wrong with LA, it was just that as the saying goes, ‘There’s no place like home.’

“So when do we leave?” I asked.

“Saturday. I think it’s a good day considering you finish school tomorrow and tomorrow’s Wednesday,” he said.

I nodded. “Okay, I’ll go start packing,” I said, eager to be in Miami.

My parents chuckled as I got up out of the chair and headed to my room.

After seven years, I would finally see him again.

A/N:

Okay, so I was originally going to post this chapter tomorrow, but since I got a lot of comments on my prologue and you guys asked for it, I decided I'd upload this for you all (:

Thank you for helping me reach my goal of 5 votes on the last chapter. This chapter is a filler and well, not that exciting, I probably won't get lots of votes on this.

So vote, comment, and fan, please!

See a mistake? Point it out, please!

It'd be great if you guys could make me trailers, banners, and help me pick out ideas for a cast. I know this chapter wasn't very descriptive but next chapter will be so then you guys can get an idea of what they look like.

Anyways,

Goal: 5 votes and many comments like in the last chapter (: You guys were amazing with that.

Next Upload: Monday. So you will have to wait, unfortunately ;b

Love you all and thank you for your support!

~xoxo