Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Eve's P.O.V.

I woke up as something underneath me stirred. Sitting up, I yawned and rubbed my eyes before looking next to me.

I smiled as I looked at Alex sprawled across the couch, asleep. Wait.. Alex?!

Glancing up at the cable box underneath the TV, I read the digital numbers declaring that it was 10:42 in the morning. I guess we had fallen asleep while watching Finding Nemo. Darn, it. I really wanted to see that part when Marlin and Dory are riding on the turtle.

Oh well, I thought as I got up, flinging the blanket off my body.

Deciding to let Alex sleep a little longer, I quietly got off the couch and made my way towards the kitchen.

Getting out some eggs, bacon, milk, and pancake batter, I took out some bowls and pans before cooking some breakfast for us. Considering it was a Saturday, I know none of my parents have work and they were probably still sleeping. I decided to make some food for all of us instead of just Alex and I.

I began pouring the ingredients for the pancakes in a bowl. As I was pouring the milk in, hands snaked around my waist, making my breath hitch in my throat.

As the person rested their head on my shoulder, I relaxed, seeing Alex's spiky, gel filled, hair.

"Smells good," he said.

"Well, I'm cooking it after all," I told him arrogantly.

"Don't flatter yourself," he said, removing his hands from my body. "Need any help?" he asked.

"No, but can you go grab my phone upstairs, please?"

"Sure, where is it?"

"On my dresser."

"Okay, then. I'll be right back," he said before the sound of his footsteps climbing the stairs were audible.

A minute later, Alex still wasn't back. I then heard footsteps approaching and I let out a sigh of relief. Turning around, I froze, seeing Shane.

Well, at least Alex isn't with Shane but then, where is he?

"Shane, can you watch the food quick?" I asked him.

He looked at me quizzically, probably surprised that he had just walked in and I had already asked him to watch the food for me, and in a civil manner.

Shrugging, he walked over to the stove as I climbed the steps.

[][][][][]

Alex's P.O.V.

"Need any help?" I asked.

"No, but can you go grab my phone upstairs, please?" Eve asked me.

"Sure, where is it?"

"On my dresser," she answered as she moved the bacon around in the pan.

"Okay, then. I'll be right back," I said before turning and heading up the steps.

I walked into her room. On her dresser, she'd said. I spotted her phone with it's pink case on the dresser and moved to grab it.

I grabbed it and turned around but the sound of something falling sounded in my ears.

Turning back around, I saw a book that had been on her dresser had fallen off and now lay on the floor, two papers sticking out of it.

Placing her phone back on the dresser, I bent down and picked up the book.