Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Evie's P.O.V.

I sat on my couch, absolutely bored as hell.

Last night, Alex had texted me saying that he would text me today to let me know when we could hang out. It was now three and I still hadn't received a call or text from him.

I sighed, searching through the channels before settling on Say Yes To The Dress. There was nothing else that was really good on.

Three minutes into it, my phone rang. I smiled and answered it.

"Hey," I said excitedly.

"Hey, um, did you want Fruity Pebbles or Frosted Flakes?" my mom's voice asked.

I groaned, annoyed. "Frosted Flakes," I answered.

I heard some shuffling around and then the noise of the shopping cart moving.

"What's with the sudden change of tone?" she asked.

I opened my mouth to answer when she spoke again.

"Oh, waiting for Alex?" she asked.

"Yep," I replied.

"Sweetie, don't get too caught up on Alex, okay. Guys don't like clingy girls and plus, what about Shane?" she asks, an excited tone in her voice.

"I hung out with Shane two days in a row. Plus, he's with Jake at the gym," I tell her.

"Evie-," she begins but a beeping noise cuts her off.

"Sorry, mom. Alex is calling. Got to go," I tell her before hanging up and answering Alex's call.

"Hey," I say, acting like I wasn't desperate to hang out with him.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Nothing really. Watching TV," I tell him.

"Cool. Can you come over for dinner today?" he asks me. Without waiting for a reply, his voice chirps up as he says, "Great. I'll pick you up at five."

"Since when did I agree to dinner?" I ask him, a smile on my face.

I hear him chuckle on the other line before he says, "Oh, please, Evie. I know you've been waiting for me to call all day. And it's not like you want to stay home with Shane."

I laugh, nodding, even though he can't hear me. "Whatever," I say.

I can just imagine him smirking on the other line. "I'll be there at five, okay?"

"And I'll be ready at five," I say.

"See you then," he says.

"Yes, sir," I say, smiling.

"Bye, Evie."

"Bye, Alex."

He hangs up. I get up and flick the TV off before dashing up the steps and to my room.

Two minutes later- yes, two minutes after I enter my room - it looks like a bomb has went off. Whenever I heard stories or watched movies where girls went on a date or something with a guy and their room looked like a bomb had gone off, clothes all over the place, I had just laughed.

Obviously, I had never experienced it.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. I walked over to my door carefully, making sure not to trip on any of the clothing articles on my invisible floor. Flinging the door open, I came face to face with my dad.