Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Alex, are you ready, yet?" I asked.

"Almost," he called back.

I huffed as I stood outside his bedroom door, waiting for him.

"Evie, could you come in for a second?" He asked.

I opened the door to see him spraying cologne on like crazy.

"Alex!" I yelled, grabbing the bottle from his hand. I placed it back on the dresser before looking back at him.

Something looked different about him.

I furrowed my eyebrows together as I scanned him up and down.

"Alex," I scolded.

"Yeah?" He asked, sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I touched his hair, my suspicious confirmed.

"Why'd you put more gel? You don't need it," I told him, messing up his hair a bit so it looked less gel-ified.

"I just want to look perfect," he said.

I smiled at him. "You look fine."

"Thanks," he said, kissing my forehead. "Can you..um...help me with my tie?" Alex asked me.

I chuckled. "Sure."

I took the lavender tie that matched my dress and wrapped it around his neck and then proceeding to tie it.

His arms snaked around my waist as he held me closer to him.

I looked up and raised an eyebrow at him before chuckling and shaking my head.

"All done," I said, patting his chest.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

[][][][][]

Since most of my relatives live in Florida - an hours drive - we decided to get together today and have a little party.

If you know my family, then you know that no matter what the occasion, we always dress up.

Sometimes, I think it's a little crazy when all I want to do on my birthday is be comfortable in shorts and a tank instead of a ball gown, but other times, it's fun.

I had decided to have Alex tag along so I could introduce him to the family and also so I'd have someone to talk to when I got bored.

When we arrived at my grandparents' huge house, we all exited the car, eager to feel the fresh air.

Ringing the doorbell, I waited patiently with Alex by my side, his left arm wrapped around my waist, hugging me close to his side.

Seconds later, the door flew open as my little five year old cousin who I'd seen over video chat, threw herself at me.

"Hey, Chloe," I said, smiling.

To me, Chloe was more of a California girl than a Florida one.

She had a pretty set of blue eyes and blond hair.

Soon, the door was filled with girls and guys, all staring at us.

From my older twin cousins Jackson and Leila to my new baby cousin Grace who was being held by her mother, my Aunt Amy.

"Hey, guys!"

Soon, I was in the middle of a huge group hug. I chuckled, loving my family, but also thinking about how much I missed in those seven years.

They hadn't benefited me at all.

When they all pulled away, they all looked at Alex.

"Is this Shane?" Leila asked.

"Please, he's not sexy enough to be me," Shane said, popping out of nowhere.

Or maybe he'd always been there and I just hadn't noticed.

They all chuckled as they one by one hugged Shane. Shane then wrapped his arm around Jessica, my cousin who was a year younger that us.

Suddenly, I felt jealous. How come I could come back and Shane could be bipolar with me but he acted completely fine with Jessica?

I ignored it as I grabbed Alex'a hand, pulling him along.

"Let's go inside."

[][][][][]

Half an hour later, I had briefly talked to all of my relatives and met all of the ones that were seven years old or younger.

I had a feeling I was going to be Chloe's role model by the way she told her mom she needed a lavender dress and she wanted brown hair.

I saw Shane in the living room talking to my older cousins and my aunts and uncles.

But they weren't laughing. In fact, it looked like a pretty intense discussion. And if you asked me to guess, I'd guess that it was the thing no one would tell me about.

I didn't bother walking over and trying to hear or get them to tell me. I knew it wouldn't work.

"Hey, you okay?" Alex asked me, hugging me from behind.

I had also introduced Alex to all of my relatives as my new boyfriend.

"It's just going to take some getting used to," I said, leaning my head back onto his chest.

I'm not sure what I meant about that exactly. Maybe it was the whole moving back to Miami thing. Or maybe it was being with my family. Or being in a relationship with Alex. Or seeing Shane for the first time in seven years. I don't know what is was but I knew that neither of them were easy.

"Hey," Alex said, gently as he turned me around, his arms still wrapped tightly around me.

Placing his forehead on mine, he looked into my eyes.

"I'm not going to let you do it all on your own. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let that happen?"

I opened my mouth to answer but he cut me off.

"Don't answer that," he said, a light chuckle in his voice as he smiled at me.

I smiled back at him.

And then, I don't know who leaned in first or what, but our lips met and all that mattered was us. And I found myself never wanting that to change.

A/N:

Ahh! I finally uploaded (: yay! Haha and also, oh my gosh! Over 4,200 reads on this story! This is my most read story now. Yeah, I know how lame it seems but it means a lot to me.

I've also received over 500 overall votes now & over 110 fans (: thank you so much everyone!

Please vote, comment, and fan, thank you <3

Also; who's team do you think I'm on? Shane or Alex? ;)

Also, this chapter is not edited because I'm writing this on my iPod so when I get a chance to go online and edit it, I will.

Thank you & love you all,

~Mother Squishy <3