~Epilogue: Part 2~

*not edited*

~Epilogue: Part 2~

7 Years Later

Evie's P.O.V. - 24 Years Old

I took a deep breath as I tried not to cry.

"Hey, sweetie, do you-"

My mom paused mid sentence as she looked at me, her hand flying up to cover her mouth as her eyes watered.

I rolled my lips into my mouth and gave her a small smile, shrugging.

She uncovered her mouth and gasped. "Evie, you look beautiful," she said as a tear streamed down her face.

I laughed but it felt like I was choking on dry air as I hugged my mom. "Don't cry. You'll make me cry," I told her as I pulled away from the embrace and gave her a smile, wiping away a stray tear.

She laughed before shaking her head at me. "Anyways, do you want to start in ten?" she asked.

I took a deep breath as I turned back and faced the mirror, staring at my reflection. I didn't say anything for a while, instead just staring at myself and thinking. Then, I nodded. "Yeah."

[][][][][]

"Let's go," Destiny and Cass said, each one taking one of my arms and leading me out of my dressing room area.

They were both excited and extremely happy. Personally, I think they were a little too bubbly. But maybe they just wanted me to feel the same way.

We entered the main part of the building as my dad came into view. I smiled as he stared at me in complete awe.

Cass and Destiny just smiled as they let go of my arms and I hooked it through my dad's.

"You ready?" he asked.

"I guess so. You?"

He chuckled. "Sweetie, I don't think I'll ever be ready to give you away. Not even to him."

I gave my dad a small smile as he kissed my forehead. As we waited, I gently rested my head on his shoulder, trying not to ruin my hair and make up.

My dad smiled down at me. "I love the dress."

"I figured you would," I said, smiling back at him.

My dress was the normal white color. It was a strapless and the top half hugged my upper body as sequins decorated it. The bottom part had big, flowy, ruffles that continued on all the way down to the floor behind me. I couldn't leave the store without this dress.

My hair was long when I was a teenager, but now, it was a few centimeters past my waist. Today, it was curled so that it came a few inches above my waist. I had a plain white veil attatched to my hair that flowed behind me and down my back.

For shoes, I wanted to be a bit fancier and decided on wearing four inch, open-toed, silver heels. In the front was a little silver bow with a circular, silver jewel in the middle.

Suddenly, Felicity, my three year old cousin came up to me, her little flower girl basket in her hand.

"I'm going to make it rain roses!" she said with a big toothy grin.

"Yes, you are," I told her, smiling back as I knelt down to her eye level.

She gave me a big hug before going to see her older sister Chloe, who was now 12 and still admired me.

"Okay, everyone get ready. We're about to begin!" Destiny yelled as everyone quickly filed into line behind my dad and I.

My heart hammered in my chest. I mean, of course I wanted to marry Shane but just being officially... his. Being Evie Pierson. It was certainly different.