Chapter 22

*not edited*

Chapter 22

My eyes fluttered open as a chuckle sounded from next to me. I rubbed my eyes before looking up at Shane who was laying next to me, smiling.

I smiled back, thinking about how cute he looked at the moment.

"Thanks," he said, smiling.

Thanks for what?, I thought.

"Saying I'm cute," he stated, a smirk on his face.

My eyes widened as I realized I was saying my thoughts out loud.

"Yes, you are."

My cheeks heated up as I buried my face in his chest, hoping to get rid of the bright tomato color on my cheeks.

Shane chuckled, his chest rumbling beside me as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head.

"You're too cute," Shane said as he tilted my head up, making me look at him.

He then planted his lips on mine, our eyes fluttering closed. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his grip on my waist tightened, the kiss becoming deeper.

A soft moan escaped from the back of his throat and I pulled away, smirking.

"Sorry, it's time for breakfast," I shrugged before dashing out of the room.

"Evie!" Shane yelled as he shot out of the bed and began chasing me.

I screamed before erupting into laughter as I ran through the kitchen and out the door. I began running down the strip of sand, passing by all the lovely beach houses.

But I was terrible at pacing myself which meant that I began to slow down, my breathing turning into pants, begging for air.

Shane, however, knew how to pace himself and caught up to me as he picked me up and swung me around. I shrieked before smiling as he put me down, keeping me hostage in his arms, my body pressed against his.

"That wasn't very nice, Ms. Haywood," he warned, placing his forehead on mine.

"Well, who said I wanted to play nice?" I asked.

"Now you'll have to suffer the consequence," he said, smirking.

"Oh really?" I asked, challenging him.

His hand shot out and attacked my stomach as I squirmed around in a fit of giggles.

"Yeah, really," Shane said.

"You jerk!" I yelled in between fits of laughter.

Finally, he stopped tickling me and I let out a sigh of relief.

"So..." Shane said as he pulled me close to him again.

"I'm only doing this to keep from being tickled again, okay?" I stated, a smile on my lips.

Shane rolled his eyes before leaning in, meeting me halfway. Our lips moved in sync and I loved every single second of it. Why couldn't I have had this years ago?

When we pulled away, my stomach growled and Shane chuckled. "Now it's time for breakfast."

[][][][][]

The doorbell rang as I shot up from the couch and dragged myself over to the front door.

Alex was on the other side, his hair all tousled, small bags under his eyes. He also had a huge bruise on his jaw from the party.

I winced at the sight of it. "Ouch! Did you ice it?" I asked, stepping aside to let him in.

He walked into the house and I shut the door before walking into the living room.