Chapter 7

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT END! PLEASE READ!

[][][][][]

Chapter 7

Eve's P.O.V.

I walked out of the movie theater, throwing the empty popcorn bucket in the nearby trash.

"I never thought of you as the 'chick flick' kind of guy," I told Alex, a big smile on my face.

Alex rolled his eyes but smiled at me, anyways. "Well, we just met each other like, two days ago. There's a lot you don't know about me."

"Plus," he added. "I was being nice, letting you choose the movie."

I raised an eyebrow at Alex as we approached his car, climbing in. "Most guys wouldn't let a girl that they met two days ago drag them into watching The Lucky One."

Alex chuckled beside me as he started the engine and backed out of the parking space. He then peeled out onto the road.

"What can I say?" he said, glancing at me quickly, amusement in his eyes. "The Zaconator is a total stud muffin."

"The Zaconator?" I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach as I doubled over in a fit of giggles.

"Yeah," Alex said, glancing at me quickly, his eyebrows pulling together before turning his attention back to the road. "Isn't that what you girls call him?"

"If it was, I don't think I'd be laughing," I told him. I began laughing again and Alex let out a small chuckle, shaking his head.

"You want to go home yet?" he asked me, changing the topic as we stopped at a red light.

"No, not really. I mean, as long as I'm home by midnight, I guess I'm alright," I told him.

"Well then, Cinderella, we'll make sure you're home by then. Now, we're going to go party," he told me smiling.

I shook my head at him but smiled. I could really use a party right now. Let loose, have fun, not worry. It's all good.

I nodded. "Let's do it," I said as the light turned green and the car jolted forward, speeding down the street.

[][][][][]

"Ready to have some fun?" Alex asked me as we got out of the car.

"You betcha," I said, pounding fists with him.

When we entered the club, the music blasted so loud that I'm surprised I could hear my own thoughts. It wasn't full but there was a decent amount of people there so you're not bored but you're not sandwiched in the crowd.

To my left, people were sitting on the stools at the bar, ordering drinks. I watched as the bartender did some fancy trick before pouring the alcohol into the shot glasses.

I stepped back as some drunk person stumbled by, heading towards the bathroom. A sober girl soon appeared by her drunk friend's side, helping her stand upright as they continued on.

On the dance floor, there were people grinding and then random groups of people just dancing. Nearby, there were couples at tables, on the small red couches, or against the wall, sucking each other's faces off.

I scrunched my nose in disgust and Alex chuckled, grabbing my hand.

"Let's go," he said, leading me to the dance floor.

I smiled as "2 Reasons" by Trey Songz came on, blasting through the huge speakers.

I began swaying my hips to the beat. Alex placed a hand on my waist as he moved in sync with me. It wasn't until I looked up to smile at him that I realized how close we were. Our bodies were touching, his hand placed on my waist as one of mine lay on his chest.