Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"You know, I don't get why we're doing this when it's your room," Shane said.

Leaning back in my chair, I popped a grape in my mouth and smiled.

"Keep painting boys! It's lookin' good!"

Shane glared at me before facing forward again and turning the salmon colored walls to a nice, Bahamas Breeze color. It was a teal-ish color.

I had already painted one wall all by myself while Jake and Shane were at the gym so now, they're painting the second wall. Together. Just shows how much more women are capable of than men.

"What is up with your strokes, Shane? Strokes go in two directions that are opposite of each other. You're going all over the place. Neatly, please."

Suddenly, my phone rang, alarming me. I jumped in my seat before realizing it was just my phone and took a deep breath. Shane and Jake snickered at me. I just flipped them off and stuck my tongue out at them before answering my phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"EVIE! Oh my gosh! I need you. Like, right now. It's an emergency."

I chuckled at Alex's frantic voice. "Okay, okay. What's up?" I asked him.

"Destiny and I are having a date tonight and I have no f*cking clue what to f*cking wear!"

"Okay, dude. Chill. I'll be over in a few."

At this statement, Jake and Shane turned to me with looks that said 'you are not leaving us here to paint your room'.

"Hurry," Alex said before hanging up.

"It won't be long, I promise. Maybe ten minutes. And when you guys go on a real date with a real girl and need help with your outfit, you're going to need a real stylist. You'll see one day."

Grabbing my keys, I pocketed my phone and ran out the door.

I didn't bother driving. I ran down the street and around the corner onto Alex's street. He was outside on his porch, his arms crossed against his chest as he impatiently tapped his foot and looked around. When he spotted me, his eyes went wide as he ushered me to run faster.

I ran faster before collapsing on his front steps, only to have him yell at me.

"Evie! There is no time for this. I need your help," he said.

I groaned and stood up as we headed inside. I was practically pounced on. Lily and Joshua hugged my waist since that's as far as they could reach.

"Evie!" They both screamed.

"Hey guys! I missed you! But I have to go help your brother, okay? I'll come back down after and hang out for a little while, okay?"

They both agreed and let me go as Alex dashed up the stairs, pulling me behind him.

We walked into his room and my eyes went wide. This is what I had gone through on my first date with Alex, which was when I'd come to his house for dinner.

"Okay, when's your date?" I asked him.

Checking his clock, he yelled, "In a hour!"

"Alex!" I screamed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Now just find something good for me while I take a shower," he said.

My eyes practically bulged out of my sockets. "You still haven't taken a shower?"

He didn't answer as he ran into the bathroom. Seconds later, I could hear the water in the shower.

I turned m attention back to his clothes and deciding on a red, plaid button down. The sleeves came up to his elbow.