Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I spread the butter over my bagel before taking a bite. Closing my eyes, I smiled in satisfaction. I then walked over to the fridge and took out a peach yogurt. This is what my breakfast consisted of.

Just then, the doorbell rang. Skipping over to the door, I opened it to reveal Alex.

"What's up dude?" I asked, stepping to the side to let him in. Once he was in, I closed the door and walked back into the kitchen. I didn't bother looking behind me; I knew he was following me.

"Nothing, really. I just woke up and then decided I'd come here. Hope you don't mind."

"Please. If you didn't come, there wouldn't be much that I'd be doing right now. I'd probably just eat and then lounge around before calling you and telling you to come over," I told him.

He chuckled, nodding. "True."

"So," I said, taking a seat at the counter. "How'd it go last night? I mean, I know you said last night on the phone that it went really good but I didn't get any details."

Alex smiled, sitting down next to me. "It went... amazing." His smile was so big that I'm not even sure it was possible for your mouth to be that wide. Alex was happy, which meant I was happy, too.

"O-M-G! Give me the deets!" I screamed like those girls that are way too excited about everything.

He laughed. "Well," Alex began, mimicking one of those girls as well. "First I went to her house to pick her up. I handed her a beautiful lilac since that's her favorite flower. Then she gave me a hug and sniffed the flower. I then took her hand and led her to the car. I even opened her door for her. Next, I drove us to that cute little restuarant name Freddy's on Sunshine Boulevard. The food there was amazing and we had a ton of fun and laughs. After that, we crossed the street and got ice cream at that place called 'Polar Ice'. Then we ate our ice cream while walking on the beach and just talking and in the end, it was really fun. Plus, when I dropped her off, we might've even, I don't know, kissed," Alex said, mumbling the last part.

"Honestly, I didn't think you'd give me every detail," I told him laughing.

"But, you told me to!" he said.

Ignoring his comment, I continued. "OMG! You guys kissed? How adorable!" By now, Alex had a faint tint of pink on his cheeks.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU"RE BLUSHING!" I cried, laughing.

Alex scowled at me. "No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are," I said, smiling brightly and nodding at him.

"No, I'm not."

"Alex is blushing. Aww, how cute!"

"Evie, I'm not blushing."

"How much is that doggie in the window? Woof, woof!"

I don't know where I came up with that so don't ask. That seemed to do it for Alex though because next thing I knew, I was off of my seat and thrown over his shoulder.

Alex didn't say anything as he walked into the living room. I was too busy laughing to process what he was going to do when the answer was right in front of me. Well, if I could see through Alex's shoulder than yeah, it'd kind of be in front of me.

I didn't fully process it until I was thrown in the air and felt the cold liquid on me.

When I surfaced, I smiled at Alex. "Thanks, I needed to cool off anyways," I told him. Alex just scowled at me before his eyes went wide.