Chapter 20

*not edited*

Chapter 20

Walking through the door, I realized how stupid I was. I obviously wasn't thinking. Actually, that's exactly what I hadn't been doing; thinking.

So that's how Alex, Destiny, and Cassidy all managed to drag me along to a party at some kid Adam's masion. Another thing I don't know is how I let Cassidy and Destiny convince me to wear this tight, black, bodycon dress with a pair of sparkly, black stilettos. My hair was down in perfect ringlets, ending just under my chest area.

Looking around, the place was packed. The only sign of it being a beautiful, luxorious, white masion was on the outside. Inside, it looked like a teen club, filled with people making out, grinding, drinking, and I'm sure stuff was going on upstairs if you know what I mean. The smell of vomit was in the air even though the party had started just an hour ago.

"Aren't you excited?" Cassidy said, smiling brightly at me as she squeezed my shoulders in what I could only guess was supposed to be a reassuring way.

"Uhm, yeah," I said, placing a smile on my face and staring into her eyes.

She stared at me curiously for a moment as if she thought I was lying, which I pretty much was. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing here.

Cassidy then gave me a tiny smile before holding her hand out in a 'stop' motion. "Stay right here. I'm going to go get a drink and I'll be right back," she told me.

"But Cassidy-"

I was about to tell her that I don't drink any hard stuff or really any alcohol for that matter but she had already disappeared through the crowd of people who parted like the red sea for her.

I felt an arm loop through my left one and looked to see Destiny giving me a small smile. "Sorry for dragging you here. I just thought you'd like to get away from everything and-"

"No, no. It's fine. It's perfect actually," I said, cutting her off as I looked around at everyone partying, smiles plastered on their faces. "I think it might be just what I need," I replied, glancing at her.

Her smile grew as she gave a slight tug on my arm and gripped my wrist. "Here, follow me," she commanded.

I followed her through the sea of people before arriving at what seemed to be the dance floor. A upbeat remix of 'Masquerade' by Nicki Minaj was on as people all around me danced.

Tonight, I decided I would forget everything that happened and just have fun. After all, my friends really wanted me to have a blast and smile and I could tell they were really worried about me.

One night won't hurt, right?

I smiled as I let a smile grow on my face, letting go off all my stress and anger. I began to sway my body just as Destiny was doing. We danced and made silly faces at each other.

Shortly after, Alex found us and began dancing with Destiny. Not wanting to third wheel or anything, I turned around and grabbed a random guy behind me as I began to dance with him.

His hands landed on my hips, moving back and forth with my waist. I smiled up at him as we continued dancing. When the song ended, I was exhausted and needed a drink. I held a finger up to the guy before locating Destiny and Alex. They led me to the kitchen and I poured myself a cup of pepsi.

"Having fun yet?" Alex asked me, leaning against the counter. Destiny leant back against him as he kept one arm tightly around her waist, the other hand playing with her colorful strands of hair.

"Yeah, I'm actually having a blast," I said before throwing my head back and downing the rest of the pepsi. I threw the cup in the trash and looked back at them.