Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Ahhh!" I screamed, trying to breathe as I squirmed around.

"Give me the remote," Alex warned as he continued to tickle me.

"Never!" I yelled as I continued to laugh endlessly.

I swear I was going to die laughing.

"Alex s-stop!" I managed to say between a fit of giggles.

"Hand me the remote," he said.

I huffed - well as close as a girl dying from laughter can - as I handed him the remote.

He stopped tickling me and grabbed the remote, smiling at me.

"Thanks, babe," he said, smirking as he changed the channel.

I sat up on the couch and let out a normal huff, crossing my arms across my chest.

"X Factor is still better than ESPN," I said.

"I'm sure it is," Alex said as he held my hand.

[][][][][]

It's surprising how long you can avoid someone you live with.

With my luck, I figured I wouldn't be able to but I was already on a four day streak. Woohoo!

But of course, something bad has to happen soon.

As I climbed the stairs to get ready for the carnival Alex was bringing me to tonight, Shane walked out of his room.

His eyes landed on me while mine did the complete opposite, looking anywhere but him.

When I noticed he was coming closer to me, my eyes widened as I began to bolt up the stairs.

However, seeing that I weigh like 110 lbs. and Shane weighs more and 25% of that weight is probably his muscles, I knew I wasn't going far.

His arm stuck out at the last second, capturing me. I almost tilted back and fell down the stairs but Shane placed his other hand on my back, lifting me upright.

"I lied the other day. I don't care about you or Alex, never mind both of you together. I actually have a life," he said with a smirk before letting go of me and walking down the stairs.

I stared at him in awe. Well, that hurt! He doesn't care about me because he actually has a life? What does that mean?! After everything he said, I was debating on breaking up with Alex but now, I'm not so sure.

I took a deep breath.

Why does this hurt so much?

[][][][][]

"Yes!" I cried as the baseball knocked down the three bottles.

The worker smiled at me. "What would you like for your prize?"

"Um, can I have the frog?" I asked, smiling.

"Sure thing," she said.

She grabbed the frog and handed it to me.

"Thank you," I said before skipping down the pier towards another booth.

"You want to get some food?" Alex asked.

"Sure," I said.

We walked towards the section of the carnival that had food. Pretzels, candy apples, cotton candy, snow cones, etc.

"I want cotton candy," I said, smiling.

"And cotton candy you shall get," Alex replied as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.