Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Shane’s P.O.V.

I know I’m the biggest ass in the world for getting Eve’s hopes up tonight, but I couldn’t help it. I missed her so much and by what she told me an hour ago, I know she missed me just as much. And after she told me that, I couldn’t be mean towards her. It was like killing an innocent puppy!

I sighed, running a hand over my face as I stared up at the ceiling. After I had heard the sound of her even breathing, telling me she was asleep, I had successfully made it back to my room without waking her. But after numerous attempts of trying to go to sleep and failing, I flung the covers off and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

I grabbed a bowl, dumping some cereal and milk into it before grabbing a spoon out of the draw near the oven. I then walked into the living room and flipped the TV on, making sure to keep the volume low enough so that I didn’t wake anyone else up.

After eating two bowls of cereal, I placed my dishes in the sink before sitting back down on the couch and watching a rerun of Family Guy.

Sooner or later, my eyelids became heavy as they slowly shut close.

[][][][][]

I woke up to a loud obnoxious ringing. The noise echoed in my ears as I groaned, getting up from the couch.

The TV was off. I don’t remember turning it off though, so maybe Sandra or Tim turned it off for me. I let out a yawn, running my hand through my brown hair as I walked into the front hallway.

Pulling open the door, I revealed a face that I was happy to see, even though they had disturbed my sleep. His brown mess of hair, was - well, a mess. He was wearing a plaid, Abercrombie, button down shirt with a plain white tee underneath. A pair of khakis were covering his legs and he wore a pair of Jordan’s.

“What’s up, man?” he asked, smiling at me.

Just because I was happy to see him, doesn’t mean I felt like showing it. I didn’t have enough energy to express any emotions at the moment.

“Jake, why are you here at like eight in the morning?” I asked him.

He looked at me in confusion. “Um, did you have sex last night or something because you’re out of it. It’s noon time, now,” he said.

My eyes widened as last night’s events came into my mind. From visiting Eve to passing out on the couch.

Jake shook his phone in front of my face. I grabbed it, steadying it so I could read the time. Sure enough, it was a few minutes past noon time.

“Shit,” I said.

“What?” Jake asked as his eyebrows pulled together.

“I’m supposed to be watching Eve. Her parents are at work and I’m like her guardian or whatever the hell you want to call it,” I told him. Honestly, I was just supposed to watch her and make sure everything went smooth but I’m not sure I could let her out of my sight, especially with that Alex dude.

Jake’s eyes widened as a smirk formed on his face. “You mean the famous Eve Haywood?” he questioned.

I groaned, knowing where he was going with this.

“So, I’m right!” he yelled, smiling. “Does she know? Did you tell her? Does she still have a bangin’ ass? Wait, is that why you’re tired? Because you banged her last night? Or maybe-”

I cut him off by covering his mouth with my hand. He shrugged, licking my hand. I made a disgusted face as I pulled my hand away and wiped it on my shorts.