Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Shane's P.O.V.

"Tell me if you want me to stop," I whispered to Evie as I closed my eyes and began to lean forward.

In my mind, I was going crazy. My thoughts were all over the place and I was hoping that Evie wasn't a mindreader, otherwise, I'd be screwed.

Yes! I'm going to kiss her!

Oh my gosh... what if she says 'stop'?

Finally! I've been waiting all my life for this!

If we kiss, then where do we go from there?

I hope she doesn't say for me to stop.

I'm so excitedddd!

Yeah, I really hope she's not a mindreader.

I opened my left eye slightly to see that she had closed her eyes as well and began to lean in. Smiling, I closed my eye and resumed.

"Wait, Shane," she said, placing her hands against my chest.

I stopped and opened my eyes, looking at her. "Yeah?" I asked her, cupping her face in my hand.

She leant into my hand before shaking her head. "I can't. I'm sorry."

I felt my heart break, just the way it had seven years ago when she left. Just the way it had a few years ago when the incident happened.

I stepped back and looked at her, removing my hand from her face. "What do you mean you can't?" I yelled at her.

"Shane-"

"You know what? Nevermind. I would never want to kiss someone like you anyways," I said, turning around and walking out of the water, hoping that she couldn't see through my lie.

"Oh, so now you're mad at me again?" she yelled. I didn't have to turn around to know that she was storming out of the water after me.

I didn't answer her as I kept walking towards the sliding door, grabbing my towel as I walked by the chair.

"Well I guess you lied to me again. You obviously didn't really miss me. If you did, then you wouldn't let me go again," she said, her voice cracking at the end.

I stopped walking and sighed. "Evie," I said, turning around.

"No! You know what? Fuck you! I'm tired of dealing with you and all of your shit. I did absolutely nothing to deserve it. So what I don't want to kiss you? Should I even after you've been mean to me for weeks? I'm done. So go find someone else to believe your lies," she said before grabbing her towel and walking past me, inside.

I groaned before walking back inside as well.

Right when I walked in, she called out to her mom, "Mom! I'm going to Alex's."

"Okay, sweetie," her mom called back.

I watched Evie walk through the front door and disappear, not bothering to turn around once.

Evie's P.O.V.

I walked down the street in nothing but my black bathing suit and a towel wrapped around me. When I reached Alex's house, I walked up the front steps before ringing the fancy doorbell.

I looked around me, tears slowly falling from my eyes. Then, the click of a lock snapped my attention back to the door as it opened.

My eyes went wide. How could I forget?! He was babysitting his siblings and he mentioned that Destiny would be over.