real life

---

"Cali" my mom's voice woke me from my deep sleep.

I turned around in my white bedding, facing the wall and not her, covering my head with my duvet (quilt)

"Baby you have to get up" she shook me body carefully.

"I don't want to" I mumbled into my bedding, normally I slept in on sundays, but I knew today we had to pack the apartment down.

Which I'd rather not do.

After trying to wake me up for way too long, my mom gave up, and left my room.

A while after that I decided to finally get up. I shook my body awake, before me feet hit the cold floor.

It was winter after all, or more like fall.

But soon to be winter. Wait Australia's season are opposite, so that means it's summer when it's christmas?

That's wrong.

Will it ever snow in Sydney though? Probably not. And when will summer break be? Surely not where it usually is, so everything is going to be opposite?

I got dressed in my gray sweats, a big hoodie, and my slippers.

-

Sighing deeply I began sorting out what I wanted to take with me across the world, which turned out to be very little.

Electronics

Art supplies

The very little makeup I own

Clothing

Shoes

Skincare

And few more things.

It didn't take long before I was done, I plumped down on my bed ready to start crying, my entire room just seemed so empty.

My furniture was empty.

My walls was empty.

It was all empty.

Even my usually messy desk.

"Are you done sweetie?" my dad walked into my empty room. I nodded quietly. "Good need help carrying your furniture out?"

I nodded again.

"Where is it all going?" I asked looking up at the ceiling. "Well we're selling it, so we can buy new furniture when we arrive" he answered as we picked my desk up.

"Okay"

Together we carried everything, but my bed, out of the empty apartment, and into a moving truck.

"Dad isn't there anything you're going to miss?"

"Well everything, but I think this will be good for the family, we've been through so much these past years" he spoke as we walked back into the apartment building.

"But what if it gets worse when we arrive, in a country, a continent we don't know?"

"We'll just have to hope for the best, and take it from there" he kissed my forehead as usual, and left to help my mom.

Badar was out doing whatever.

Like he usually is, as long he's safe, I don't really care what he's doing. Like I don't wanna move to Australia by myself, alone with our parents.

I just looked around the apartment, thinking about all the memories.

That one time Badar broke his leg, and couldn't leave the apartment for a month, because he had a cast on all the way up to his hip.

He kept complaining about it.

But our parents wouldn't budge, he wasn't allowed to leave the apartment. Now if he breaks his leg, he won't be able to leave the house.

Or that time were Badar chased me around the apartment, so I fell and split my forehead. I still have a faint scar near my hairline.

Our parents got so mad at him.

Now that I think about it, our parents often get mad at Badar, even though we're, mostly, equally at guilt.

It's probably because it's mostly me who ends up hurt.

I smiled at the memories. It may be hard to move away, but maybe my dad is right, it'll be harder to stay.

We did go through a lot of shit these past years.

"Cali you there?" I hadn't noticed Badar walking in through the door, he was waving his hand in front of my face.

"Yeah"

"Good, will you help me carry my furniture down into the truck?" he smiled, how the hell was he so positive.

Our lives, in a day or so, was going to be turned opposite down.

And he was standing there smiling brighter than ever, sure it was good to keep a positive attitude, but did he have to rub it in my face.

"Sure"

---

What's your favorite song for him to preform live?

Mine will have to be unsaid, say, who did that to you or gospel

I just wrote a 1000 word chapter, and it got deleted #fuckmylife arghhh