epilogue

June 29th, 2023

I started crying once two lines appeared on the test. "What's wrong babe?" a concerned Ruel asked from behind me.

I quickly dried my eyes.

"Nothing" I mumbled hiding the test in my Adidas pants pocket. "You sure?" he asked looking at me with soft eyes.

I nodded getting up, almost falling in the process. "You sure you're okay?" he asked steadying me, by keeping me close.

"yeah, yeah" I told him. "I just need some air" I told him, walking out of the bathroom and into the hallway putting on my shoes and one of Ruel's hoodies, since it is the end of June and pretty chilly.

Chilly being 14ish degrees.

"You can talk to me Caliana" Ruel said joining me in the hallway. "I know babe, I just need some air" I smiled weakly.

"You need to talk to me" he repeated his words.

"I will, but I need some air right now" I said again, getting pulled in for a hug by Ruel. "Promise me?" he held his pinky out.

"Promise" I smiled intertwining my pinky with his.

I got out of the house and walked down the road, towards Jake's house, since we all live pretty close to each other.

Once I got there I knocked on the door, and a smiling Jake opened the door. I didn't say anything just walked inside.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I just pulled the test out of my pocket.

"How many of those have you taken?" Jake questioned. "One" I answered. "Okay, well let's go buy some more of them, and see if they say the same" he suggested.

I agreed, and we made our way towards the mall.

"Are you okay?" Jake looked at me with concerned eyes. "I don't know, we're both young, and Ruel's career is finally really taking off" I said.

"Girl his career has been taking off since before you guys met, he has like four million followers on Instagram" Jake joked.

I couldn't help but laugh. "If you're really pregnant I hope it's a girl I can dress up" Jake laughed.

"Sure" I said.

"I just hope it's healthy" I smiled looking at him. "Look at you, already acting like the mom you're supposed to be" Jake winked.

"Shut up" I slapped his shoulder.

-

I can't pee" I chuckled from the bathroom, making Jake on the other side of the door laugh. "It's not funny" I laughed.

"Honey it is" he laughed.

I pulled my jeans back up, and walked out to Jake. "Let's drink tons of Starbuck or something and then try again" Jake proposed making me nod.

"I could really go for some of that" I chuckled. "Good" Jake said. "We're just taking the drive in right?" he the added.

"Of course" I assured him.

"You won't have to talk to that hottie at the counter" I joked, making Jake slap my shoulder. "Sorry, not sorry" I chuckled getting into Jake's car.

"So what would you like?" Jake asked once it was our turn. "A large caramel frap" I answered leaning back into my seat.

Jake ordered and a few moments later we had our drinks, and made our way back to Jake's and Sanjay's house.

"Where's Sanjay?" I asked when I noticed I hadn't seen him. "He's upstairs trying to get rid of a extremely bad hangover from the other night" Jake laughed.