my friend

---

"Bye" I hugged Ruel just as tight as he held me. His arms where my safety, it was what I needed, and he knew it.

He was right when he said he felt like we were meant to meet, and be friends.

"See you later" he corrected me with a smile. "Yeah see you later, we exchanged numbers I reminded myself.

"Yeah we did" he kissed my hair, before letting me go.

"So that's your boyfriend, he sounded really concerned when he picked up your phone" my brothers words made butterflies rise in my stomach.

He's your friend, I reminded myself.

"He's just my friend" I rolled my eyes at Badar as I got seated in his car. "You sure about that?" he wiggled his brows.

"Positive" I laughed at my brother.

Ruel waved at me before walking back inside.

"I think you're together" he sang teasingly. "Shut up Badar" I hit his arm playfully. He just continued to tease me like that until we got back to the house.

"And is that his shirt?"

I didn't answer him, like all the other times, he had teased me on the way home, I just wanted to get back to the house.

It was weird to say house, I was so used to calling it apartment.

But it was a house.

A big one at that.

Or compared to Ruel's house, it was small. But that's another case.

"Are you sure?" he asked again as we entered the house. "Yes I'm sure" I was starting to get annoyed with him.

"Sure about what?" great now my dad joined us.

"No having a boyfriend" Badar told on me. "Wait a boyfriend?" my dad was more confused at this point than before.

"He's my friend, and I just met him yesterday" I defended myself.

"So he isn't your boyfriend?" my dad asked.

"No"

"Caliana has a boyfriend" now my mom joined as well. "Why does everyone has to have their noses in my business, I'm 14 turning 15 in a month" I groaned leaving them.

"Closer to two months" my mom called after me.

"Whatever" I mumbled entering my room.

They could be so annoying at times, teaming up on me, what did I ever do to them, I chuckled at them before throwing my body on my small bed, compared to Ruel's.

I kinda missed his big bed, when I was in mine, it smelt better as well, maybe because it smelt like him.

His scent, it was pretty addicting.

I couldn't help but wear a big smile on my face, as I looked up at my ceiling. He was too good to be true.

But I just wanted to live in the moment, so I didn't think further about it.

His voice echoed through my mind singing Unsaid, I didn't mind, but figured that I needed to think about something else than him.

I couldn't depend on him to make me happy.

That afternoon, I sat down at my desk and wrote rules for myself.

Do more selfcare stuff.

Sundays are for doing nothing other than being cozy.

Meet people with an open mind.

By skincare and other hygiene products for yourself.

Do what makes you happy.

Dress so you feel confident in your own skin.

Try to not overthink everything.

It's okay to cry.

Talk about how you're feel

ing.

Be you.

I felt content with myself as I looked at my list of rules, it was rules that I knew I needed, to be happier.

And with a determined mindset it was going to happen. I was going to be happy.

Nothing was going to stop me. I only have limited amount of time here, and I weren't going to spend it being sad.

That day I was pretty good, or at least I thought so.

I cleaned my entire room, did my laundry, and drew a drawing that I put up on my closet door.

That was going to be my canvas.

This room was going to be my getaway, so might as well make it reflect who I am.

RUEL

Did you get home safely?

read

CALIANA

yup thx for checking up on me <3

read

RUEL

Anything for you

read

CALIANA

smh

read

RUEL

U love it

read

----

What cover do you like the most

1

2

2

Tell me which you like the best in the comments

Or you could email me one you made ❤️🥶❤️DM me if you want to make a cover then I'll send my mail

Luv u all my angels