what matters

---

I silently followed Ruel's family, they were so sweet and welcoming, but I still felt a bit out of place, without Ruel by my side.

"You are seated next to Ruel" Sylvie told me guiding me towards my seat, her being seated beside me.

"Are you sure you don't want to sit next to him?" I asked.

"Yeah" she assured me, sitting down in the seat next to mine. "How long does these things normally take?" I asked facing towards the stage.

"Well it depends, because Ruel isn't old enough to go to the after party, so just till the show ends, then we're probably going out to eat" she smiled.

"Okay"

I looked around spotting someone familiar, probably a singer or something, I didn't think more of it.

A lot of people were probably going to be looking familiar tonight.

I smiled brightly as I saw Ruel approaching us, he gave me a big smile in return, before making his way towards his seat.

"You excited?" he asked.

"Weren't I supposed to ask that?" I chuckled. "But yeah I'm excited and nervous on your behalf, so no need to be that" I joked.

He just laughed, before taking my hand in his. I could feel his hand shaking in mine.

"Hey breath in through your nose, and out through your mouth" I grabbed both his hands, turning his body towards mine.

It helped calming him down a bit.

"Ruel you need to remember you wont leave this place with any less than you came in with" I reminded him.

"The others nominated for Breakthrough artist are just really talented" he held my hand tighter than before.

"Hey" I made sure he was looking me in the eyes.

"Even if you don't win, which you will, your family, your team and I, we'll all be here for you" I assured him.

"Thanks"

"That's what friends are for" I smiled, saying the sentence hurt. Over the past month that I had been here, I had grown closer to Ruel than I thought.

-

"That's what friends are for" her words stung, but she didn't know how I felt.

I couldn't blame her, we both almost always started up by calling each other friends, we kept friendzoning each other.

And I probably were to blame.

But I liked her, I knew when I saw her, looking at the stars we were going to be more than friends, I just didn't know when.

But I knew I would fight for it.

And maybe she'd feel the same way, some day.

With my hand still wrapped tightly around hers, the show began.

Caliana could the opening acts, 5 Seconds Of Summer, song by heart, over the few weeks of knowing her, I had come to known her love for the band.

I could feel her tear up a bit beside me, as they won an award.

I heard her commenting on their weird choice of clothing, she then told me that she had been a fan for so long, that she had become their biggest hater.

She only made me laugh.

"I just hope that you never become my biggest hater" I joked. "I already am" she winked before resting her head on my shoulder.

"Tired?"

"Just a tini tiny bit" she looked at me through her lashes. "Mh only a tini tiny bit?" I smirked. She just shrugged, with a small smile on her lips.

I threw my arm loosely around her shoulder.

"I'll wake you when it's the Breakthrough artist turn" I told her, I felt her nod against my shoulder.

I couldn't help but smile widely.

Nobody like Caliana.

-

I was shaken awake but Ruel who gave me an excited look. I took his hand in mine, and gave it a squeez.

"It's gonna be fine" I told him.

He didn't look like he heard me, and I understood him. He was nervous and in his head he needed to win.

He would only take W's.

He held my hand tightly in his, as the video of who was nominated started playing. I knew absolutely none of them.

But I was here to cheer for Ruel. So he was the only one who mattered. 

---

Comment any topic u think is overrated or... underrated would love top know 

remember to vote, comment and share

luv u guy we're so close to 1k 

So thankful.