trying

---

"Dad?" I called as I hurried down the stairs, almost tripping over my own feet in the process, but that didn't slow me down.

I was going to ask my dad, if I were allowed to buy tickets to a Ruel show, that I had found about. It was tomorrow and they only had a few tickets like.

I was going to ask my dad, because he'd probably say yes.

"Hmm Honey?"

"Can I go to this show, I think it's what I need, you know good memories here" I told him my thoughts.

Or 0,000001 percent of them.

He would become to worried, if he were to be told all of them. "When is it?" he asked instead of answering my question.

"Tomorrow at 8pm"

"You can go if Badar tags along" my dad smiled. "I think it'll be good for you, to get out of the house" he added with an even bigger smile.

It probably would, we arrived two days ago, here in sunny Australia, and I had spent the entire time being here, inside.

"I'll ask him" I said.

My dad nodded before turning back to his paper.

I hurried upstairs into Badar's room. "Have you ever heard of knocking?" he chuckled as I barged in through his door.

"No"

"Well why are you here?"

"Will you go to this concert or show with me?" I pleaded. "When is it?" he looked up from his MacBook.

"Tomorrow"

"What time?"

"8pm"

"Okay, I'll take you" he smiled. "Thank you, thank you, thank you" I jumped around his room. "Okay that's enough, the door is there" he smiled pointing at the door.

I just gave him the finger, before leaving for my room.

Dancing the entire way down the hallway, I walked inside my room, with the biggest smile on my lips, probably the biggest in years.

What the funny thing was that I had never heard any of the so called Ruel's songs.

I just heard one on the radio and decided that I liked it, and now here I was buying tickets. After paying, and printing them, I searched through some of his songs on Spotify.

By the end of the night I could almost half of the lyrics on some of his songs.

My favorite by far had to be Say.

-

I was awoken by light shining through my non-existing curtains.

My eyes took their sweet time adjusting to the light, only to close again, and snuggle up against my wall, with my duvet wrapped tightly around my body.

Even though I tried, I just couldn't fall back asleep.

I don't know whether it was because of the air conditioner or the sun. Normally I was used to falling asleep to the sound of cars.

It was truly something else to now getting used to hearing chatter, birds and waves.

Or very faint waves.

I wasn't complaining about the ocean being close, I have always loved the beach, beach over pools.

Creepy animals may have scared me out, but ocean over pool any day.

There was something about sunbathing on the beach, your toes in the warm sand, and listening to people chatter.

And the smell of sunscreen and waves.

That's summer.

Summer and summer was all I had, moving away just when the degrees started falling, and now moving in when they're rising.

Maybe I didn't mind.

Maybe the reason why moving sucked to me was, that everything I knew wasn't there anymore, that now I had to start all over.

Finding my spots, meeting new people, adjusting to a whole other world, when my friends now have summer break, it's winter here.

And when I go on summer break, they have winter.

It sucked to move because not even the season's would remain the same.

And I was scared, scared that I wouldn't fit into the Australian culture snakes and spiders, they need to get the hell away from me.

-

After I had been chilling in my bed, for nearly two hours, just thinking about life and other un-important stuff, I finally got out of bed.

The first thing I did was picking out an outfit for the show.

I just chose a black slip dress, with a V neckline, under that I put on a simple white tee, but before I could get dresses I was in need of a shower.

Following the shower I put on my coconut lotion, and lip balm, got dressed, did my brows and brushed my teeth and hair.

Found a gold necklace with a cross, and simple hoops, my hair started becoming wavy once it started drying.

I slipped into my white slip-on Vans, sprayed on some floral perfume and went downstairs.

"You smell good" said Badar later when he joined me in the kitchen. "Thanks?" I got kinda confused by his words.

"You really do" he smiled before making himself a sandwich of some sort.

He was dressed just as casual as me, denim jeans, loose fit, a white Golf tee, long white socks, underneath his pants, and high tub converse in black.

He wore a neck 'chain' as he called it, with the letter B on, I got it for him for his birthday last year.

---

it would help me alot if you guys shared my story, vote and comment, i'm open to criticism since it helps me with what I should write and shouldn't. 

Where are you from??

luv u all