jake

---

"I'm going to miss you so much" my eyes started to tear up, but I had promised myself that I wouldn't cry.

I was going to keep it together, or at least try to.

"Don't cry, I'll be back before you know it" he promised me, I just nodded quietly.

"It's gonna be fine, I'll facetime you" Ruel held my head in his hands, speaking with force, to get his words into my head.

I just pouted a little.

"I know, you've told me a million time" I then chuckled dryly.

"Caliana" he sighed.

"Sorry"

"It's okay, I'll miss you more than you know"

"Then stay" I was quick to say. He smiled down at me, pulling me close into his body, hiding my face in his chest.

"I can't and you know it"

"I know" I pouted.

-

It hurt me having to leave Caliana, but she was always going to be there, as selfish as it sound this opportunity was big and helpful.

Just what I needed.

"I love you" I didn't doubt my words once.

"I love you" Caliana's lips turned into a bright smile, she was the most beautiful when she was happy.

"Too" I added.

"No, I love you" she spoke. "Not too, that sounds forced" she told me, hiding her face in my chest.

"I have to go" I said after looking at my mom, who admired the whole goodbye session, but also didn't want to miss our plane.

"Okay" she whispered.

Very much out of the blue she pulled me down to kiss me, not that I minded. "See you in a few days alright?"

She nodded with a small smile.

"Facetime" she mouthed before giving me one last hug. "See you" I waved before following my mom.

"You guys really like each other huh?"

"Yeah"

"Be careful, don't crush her heart, she seems like she has a fragile heart" my mom told me.

"I know, she's been through a lot, but I'm going to be there for her no matter what" I promised my mom.

"I know, I raised you right"

-

"You know it's kinda sad how much of your happiness you place on Ruel" my brother spoke handing me the glass of water I had asked him for.

"Why?"

"Look at you-"

"You know I can't look at myself right?"

"How can you be so stupid?"

"Rude"

"I'm here to break it to you, you need to know how to make yourself happy, you can't depend all of your happiness on a guy"

I knew he was right, but Ruel, I don't even know.

"You need to find other friends than Ruel" he sat down next to me. "It's hard" he nodded in understanding of my statement.

"But you can't depend on Ruel, no first love lasts forever"

"You don't know that" I found myself getting angry at Badar, why would he say that? How would he even know?

I got up from my chair and quickly got my Vans on before leaving the house, to go for a walk on the beach.

"Are you okay?" feminine male voice asked.

"I'm good"

"You on holiday here?" he then asked. If I could express how tired I was of getting asked that, I would be sleeping for a million years.

If not more.

"No I moved here a month or so ago" I told him not looking away from the waves and all the families having a good time.

"I'm Jake"

"Caliana"

"Nice to meet you, can I call you Cali?"

"Sure, whatever suits you"

"You're a people pleaser aren't you?" Jake asked now standing beside me. I probably was, in some kinda way.

"I don't know, are you?" I asked, not really knowing how to interact without Ruel or with someone else than Ruel.

"I'm whatever I want to be" he laughed.

"Good way to live"

"Yeah you know Y.O.L.O" he joked. "Wish I lived like that" I muttered. "You can, you just need the right state of mind"

"I don't think I have that"

"How would you know?"

"I don't know" I shrugged turning to look at him, realizing that he was already looking at me. He had black curly hair, almost afro like, deep brown eyes and a mixed skin color.

"So if you're up for it, then maybe you could tell me what's bothering you"

"My boyfriend just went to England to play some concerts of some type" I told him suddenly feeling very down.

"Cool, aren't you proud of him?"

"I am, trust me I am, I'd just rather him being here"

"Yeah makes sense, if my boyfriend left for England I would be down too" he smiled. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I don't think it'll work"

"It will, come one" he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards an ice cream shop.

"What flavors?" he asked.

"Wait I get two scoops?" I asked acting like surprised little kid. "Yeah, your parents aren't here, you with uncle Kenny, you can have three scoops if you want" Jake acted along.

"Two will do, coconut and chocolate" I smiled.

Jake gave our order and paid, even though I told him, that I could pay for myself, but he insisted, and I weren't about to stop him.

"You know what I just realized, isn't it kinda late to get ice cream?" I smiled.

"Probably, but Y.O.L.O"

---