Chapter 2

Second Chapter!!

Betty POV:

I woke up on a magnificent Friday morning. As I stepped onto the floor a small smile made its way onto my face, realising that it's so close to the weekend.

I go into my bathroom and do my usual skincare routine. While I wash off some of the product I put on I couldn't help but worry about Sweet Pea and his love interest.

Veronica is his first girlfriend and I know she's just playing with his feelings. She does that with every guy she dates. She gets some sort of wicked satisfaction from hurting innocent guys. Next she'll be hurting Archie.

They've only been together for 2 weeks and 4 days but she's already changed him. At school he's almost like her personal slave now. I always notice how if she asks him to get her food or asks him to hold her books, he instantly does it, even when he's carrying his own textbooks that way a tonne in themselves.

I also feel slightly hurt that he didn't tell me straight away he was in a relationship. We usually tell each other everything. Are we not as close as I thought we were?

I want my brother to be happy, with someone who wouldn't change him that much. I agree that change is a good thing. But when you change little things such as my nickname for him, it really hurts. Sweety isn't just some nickname, it represents a piece of who we are and it reminds us, or me at least, it reminds us of our parents.

Mum use to always gush at how I'd call him Sweety. She was always so happy that we had our own little quirk.

I let out a little sigh as I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. I could hear Sweet Pea's snores. I let out a soft laugh.

I decided to make some toast, bacon and eggs this morning since I was just so ready to relax this weekend.

I put two eggs on one half of the pan and the rest was filled with bacon. I put some bread into the toaster and I wait for everything to cook.

Within 20 minutes I had made two plates of food for me and my brother. I put both the plates on the table and I walk to Sweet Pea's room so I could wake him up.

I knock on his door and let myself in. I take a seat on the side of his bed. I let out a happy sigh.

I remember when I was younger I was scared of the dark. Each night Sweet Pea would sneak into my room and sleep with me. We were only about 5 at the time. Every morning he would get yelled at by our parents because they said I needed to learn to sleep on my own. But every night he would continue to sneak into my room and talk to me until I had fallen sleep. He's always been my role model.

Betty: Sweety, wake up. I say softly to him. He doesn't move.
Betty: Sweety, we have school soon. I say to him.
Sweet Pea: I'm seriously hoping that one day you will forget that I'm here and you'll forget to wake me up. He says while turning to face me. I smile.
Betty: well when you snore louder then a chainsaw it isn't to hard to forget. I say with a giggle.
Sweet Pea: I don't snore that loud. He says defensively.
Betty: Sweety, the aliens on Mars can hear you. I say with a giggle.
Sweet Pea: if I was you I would get out of here before I tickle you. He says with a smirk.

My smile instantly faded and I ran out of his room. He knows how much I hate being tickled, I can't stand it.

I went into the kitchen and took a seat. I began eating my food while I waited for Sweet Pea.

About ten minutes after I had sat down Sweet Pea walked out of his room and took a seat next to me. He put his phone and bag on the other side of the table.