Chapter 22

Read at your own pace.
⚠️ there will be a sensitive topic mentioned, rape. ⚠️

Sweet Pea POV:

I woke up to the gentle shakes of my sister. As soon as my eyes open I felt a pit in my stomach, something is going to go wrong today.

I don't know why I know this but I do and I have a feeling it's going to be really bad. I don't very often get this feeling but when I do something always really, really bad occurs.

Sometimes it's a curse knowing something is going to happen because for the rest of the day I'm so worried about every little thing.

With everything going on in my life and Betty's I'm extremely worried that it'll have something to do with her.

Betty: good morning. She said with her usual cheerful smile.
Sweet Pea: morning I said with a groan.

She walked out of my room to give me some privacy.

I got up and looked through my draw for some clothes. I picked out something light and casual.

The horrible feeling in my stomach was only getting worse.

I walked out into the kitchen and saw Betty eating breakfast. Dad was already at the Wyrm.

I took a seat opposite her and began eating as well. I wanted to subtly ask her if she was doing anything other then going to school. I need her to be safe.

Sweet Pea: you doing anything after school? I asked as I ate. She thought for a second.
Betty: Nope. She said and dismissed the conversation.

We finished up breakfast and headed to school together.

We soon arrived and I headed to the Serpents while she headed to her friends.

I'm going to be on edge all day. I hope whatever happens, it happens fast and doesn't hurt Betty.

Although she's technically my big sister I see her as my little sister who I need to protect. She's so innocent and doesn't understand stuff that I or the Serpents would know and do. It feels like it's my job to look after her and keep her safe.

Like I've said before, I know my twin and what she needs.

Sebastian POV:

I woke up to the loud and chilling sound of my horrendous sounding alarm. I slam it off and get out of bed with an angry groan.

I walk to the shower and do my usual morning routine.

I took my cold shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face and combed my hair.

I walked into the kitchen and saw breakfast already placed on the table for me. My dad was washing up some dishes.

I took a seat as I began to eat.

Jacob: have you taken your medication? He asked.
Sebastian: yes. I lied.

I am a Psychopath, according to doctors who claim a pill can help me. They say the pill is supposed to help me be less violent.

It's rubbish and I don't need it, I'm perfectly fine.

I don't need people to claim they know things about me after only a month. They're nothing to me and I'm nothing to them but a money machine.

I every now and then stop taking the pills and test it out. Know one has ever mentioned me acting weird so I really doubt the pills do anything, nor do the doctors know what they're doing.

They think because they have a fancy degree they can make up stuff and get money for it. Rubbish, I'm not falling into their trap.

I began to eat breakfast as I thought about Betty.