Chapter 27

Please make sure to vote ❤️

Betty POV:

I woke up in the comforting grip of Sweet Pea's arms wrapped tightly around me.

When I'm with Sweet Pea I do feel safe. I know when he says he'll keep me safe he means it. Every single day of my life he's been looking out for me. He has been protecting me since before he knew what the word meant.

I remember when we were about three years old. Sweet Pea and I were outside playing together with some of our friends at the time when I decided I wanted to go on the swings. There were people already on there. I didn't want to wait and Sweet Pea wasn't going to make me. Sweet Pea went up to the first swing and pushed the kid off for me. I sat on the swing and Sweet Pea pushed me.

Sweet Pea ended up getting in trouble but he didn't care because he knew he had made me happy.

Or the time we were about 5. Mum and dad put us to bed at 8:30 pm. At about 8:35 pm he sneaked into my room because I was scared.

We decided we wanted to stay up. We made it up until 10:24 pm, which for five year olds is pretty late.

We started getting hungry so we sneaked into the kitchen and pulled out a container of ice-cream. Any kid who had ice-cream and no parents around would obviously eat as measly as they could. We jumped onto the couch and began eating as much of the ice-cream as we could.

We managed to eat half the container until mum and dad woke up and saw us. As soon as we got caught Sweet Pea took all the blame for us, although you could see my messy face.

He's always protected me, even if it was for the silly and stupid things we did.

From all the memories a smile was plastered onto my face.

I looked at the guy who had been with me all my life, who never left me.

I love dad so much but he left us, I know he had a reason but still, it hurts. It hurts losing someone you respect and love so much, then they just randomly came back. I missed him.

I let out a sigh and maintain my eyes on Sweet Pea. He's always so peaceful when he asleep, then he wakes up and all he does is worry about me. And me being the horrible person I am, I always give him another reason to worry about. I always get myself involved in stuff I shouldn't.

I try to forget my thoughts as I change my train of thought to yesterday, the kiss.

The kiss was so sweet and caring. It felt so much better then Sebastian's ever was. I thought every kiss Sebastian and I had was loving and caring, I was wrong. Jughead's kiss made me feel so good and happy.

I don't know how Jughead felt about it though, could he like me or did he only do it to distract Sebastian?

I decided I needed to rant to my best friends Archie, Reggie and Kevin. I needed their help. They're kinda the only people I can talk to about it. Toni and Fangs would go over board about this situation, and don't even get me started on Sweet Pea.

I really don't know what Sweet Pea would think if I told him I like Jughead. He's Sweet Pea's best friend, I don't want to ruin anything between them.

I decided I needed to meet up with my friends so I can get their opinions.

I wiggled my way out of Sweet Pea's grip and changed into some clothes. I sent the three of them a message, telling them to meet me at Pops in ten. Everyone agreed and Archie and I agreed to go together.

Just before I sneaked out of my room I sent Sweet Pea a text saying where I was going. I then walked downstairs where I saw Archie leaning against his car waiting for me.