Chapter 6

If you're enjoying this book so far make sure to vote ❤️

Betty POV:

Another week of school is about to start. I woke up to the sound of my blaring alarm and I quickly turned it off. I close my eyes just for two more seconds. I'm not sure why that small amount of time helps, but trust me, it does.

I drag my tired body out of bed and slowly stumble my way to the shower. I undress myself and turn on the hot water.

Once the temperature was right I slowly step into the shower, letting the hot water embrace my once freezing body. The water warmed me up as it glides down my body.

I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner, then using my lime shower gel, I rub it all over my body, watching as the gel turned into soap suds.

I rinse everything off, watching as the soap suds run down my body and into the drain.

I turn off the taps and wrap myself up in a towel. I step out of the shower and used another towel to wrap my hair in. I hate the feeling of wet hair against my back.

I dry myself off and walk back into my room. I pick out a pair of blue jeans and a grey top. I throw on a jumper over the top and walked back into the bathroom. I brush my hair and decided to leave it down, showing off my loose golden curls.

I walk downstairs and into Sweet Pea's room. I wonder if he'll ever be able to wake up by himself.

I take a seat on the side of his bed and gently rubbed my hand on his back. I noticed as he started to move and his eyes began to open.

Betty: morning Swetty. I say to him with a soft smile.
Sweet Pea: morning Betts. He mumbled.

I walked out of his room and made us both some breakfast while I waited for him to get up.

Shortly after he walked into the kitchen and took a seat next to me. As we ate I noticed that he seems a little out of it, like somethings on his mind. I think he's still thinking about yesterday, when Toni made the suggestion of me becoming a Serpent.

As much as I love spending time with the Serpents, becoming one has never really interested me, not to mention I will never be able to do what they do. Being a part of a gang just isn't me.

Betty: Swetty. I say and he slowly turns his head so he was facing me.

I could see his mind was racing with thoughts.

Betty: I'm not going to become a Serpent, okay? It doesn't interest me. I say softly to him. He nods his head but I know his mind was still racing. I embraced him in a tight hug.

I know how much my brother worries about me. He always protects me. I love him for protecting me, he's my little brother, by a minute, but I still want to be there for him as well. I feel like I can do nothing for him, while he does everything he can for me.

We exit the embrace and we put our plates away. We pick up our bags and walk to school together.

As we're walking to school I look up to my brother. I admire him so much. He's been by my side since we were born. He's always checked up on me and looked after me. When ever I wanted something he would make sure I got it. Even when I made him play the girliest games with me, he always said yes. He's the most amazing guy, no girl will ever deserve him.

Sweet Pea: what's wrong? He asked.

Sometimes it's a curse that we can read each other like a book. I let out a sigh.

Betty: it's nothing, don't worry. I say to him.
Sweet Pea: Betts, there's clearly something wrong, talk to me. He says softly and supportively. Why does he always have to be so amazing?