Chapter 28

I hope you enjoy 😊 ❤️

Betty POV:

Dad and I were up at about 8:30 am when we decided to go to the doctors. I didn't want Sweet Pea to come because I knew all he'd be doing is worrying over me. In fact if anyone should be stressed it's Sweet Pea.

As we were getting ready to leave, it's like Sweet Pea could read our minds because he woke up and walked out of his room.

Sweet Pea: where are you guys going? He asked.

I tried my best to tell him calmly that I was going to the doctors, just to see if what dad said was right. I ended up failing and now he's coming with us.

We got into dads car and Sweet Pea kept checking up on me although I felt fine.

We arrived at the doctors office and took a seat as we waited for my name to be called.

About an hour later of boring waiting, finally a female doctor came out and called my name.

We walked into the doctors office and I took the closest seat to her. She began by asking me a few questions and checking my blood pressure.

She said everything looked normal to her and that it was most likely stress and anxiety.

I was glad that it's only anxiety.

She told me that I should rest as much as possible and try my best to relax and remove negative things from my life. I guess Sebastian being locked up is definitely going to help.

We thanked her and headed home.

As soon as I walked through the door Sweet Pea made me sit down on the couch.

Sweet Pea: you need to rest as much as possible. You're not to move at all. He said sternly but softly.
Betty: yeah I'm a human, I've got to move to do things. I told him.
Sweet Pea: Nope, what ever you need or want, I'll do it for you. He said.
Hal: so basically you're offering to be her slave, just like every other day. He said with a laugh.
Betty: hey, don't be mean to my slave. I said back. Sweet Pea rolled his eyes at the both of us.

Betty: well if you must be my slave, can you get me a bottle of water? I asked. He nodded his head and walked into the kitchen.

He soon came back with a bottle of water.

I then told him to sit with me. I don't need him slaving over me all day.

Dad soon headed off to the Wyrm to do some business. But before he left he checked up on me and told me to call him if I needed anything.

I spend the whole day on the couch, whenever I moved a inch Sweet Pea would glare at me. He's like a damn hawk. But I did make him stay with me all day, for two reasons. I didn't want to be lonely, I also always spend my time with him and I didn't want that to change. Secondly, he needs as much rest as I do, he probably needs more.

I know for the past couple months he's been worried about me, even before Sebastian, that was just another unfortunate event. He's been worrying about me since mum and dad came back.

I inched myself closer to him, just wanting to be near him. He noticed what I was doing and lifted up his arm so I could move myself even closer to him. I rested my head on him and he wrapped his arm around me tightly. He looked down at me with a soft look.

Sweet Pea: you don't need to worry about me. He said softly.
Betty: I do. I'm the reason for everything you worry about. I said while looking up into his eyes.
Sweet Pea: that's not true. He told him.
Betty: it is. I said with a sigh.
Sweet Pea: are you the reason I worry about if there's a zombie apocalypse? I didn't think so. He said with a small smile. My lips curved into a smile.