Chapter 9

I hope you enjoy! ❤️

Betty POV:

It's been a week since I had a full conversation with Sebastian. He keeps trying to impress me but until he answers my question, I don't feel comfortable dating him.

Sweet Pea as usual has been very protective of me, especially after finding out that I liked someone. He tried to be more open minded about me dating and he said that he'd support what ever I chose. I can't say it enough, I'm so lucky to have him.

It was the day of the formal and I was more then excited. The past week had been draining for me and I knew this formal was the exact thing to cheer me up.

I woke up and practically ran into Sweet Pea rooms. Shaking him as much as I possibly could.

Betty: wake u- I began to yell before he covered my mouth with his hand and wrapped me up with his other hand. His eyes were still closed.

I was laying down facing his face. He looked so peaceful while sleeping.

Betty: Sweety wake up. I say while poking his nose. He doesn't move.
Betty: Sweety. I say with a whine.
Sweet Pea: Betty if you don't let me sleep I think I'll die. He groans.

Betty: what time did you go to sleep? I ask him in a mother sort of way.
Sweet Pea: 5 am. He mutters. My jaw drops.
Betty: what have I told you about going to sleep so late? I say in a stern but soft vocie.
Sweet Pea: go to sleep early or you'll regret it in the morning. He says while mimicking my voice. I let out a little laugh.

Betty: come on, you need to get ready for school. I say softly. He opens his eyes.
Sweet Pea: can't I just stay home and help you get ready? He asked.
Betty: you and I both know we don't want that. I say making us both chuckle.

Sweet Pea has never liked helping me get ready. He says I take to long and I'm way to picky. I guess he's right but what's the problem? I'm always on time anyway.

I walk out of his room and give him his privacy. I pull out a pear from the fridge and hop onto the kitchen counter while I waited for him.

I wasn't going to let anything ruin this day. It's meant for fun and that's exactly what I need.

He soon came out of his room and made himself some cereal. He leant against the bench as we spoke and made casual conversation. He slowly ate as he tried to avoid going to school. I admired the way that he tried to distract me, but I knew it was time for him to go.

Betty: Sweety go to school. I warn. He rolls his eyes and huffs.
Sweet Pea: fine. Be safe. He says.

I walk up to my room and change out of my pyjamas and into some of my layed back clothes.

Josie and I agreed that we'd go to her house and get ready.

I pick up everything that I needed for tonight and I got into my car, making the short journey to her house.

I arrive at her house and knock on her door, being greeted by Mayor McCoy.

Betty: good morning Mayor McCoy. I greet her with a smile.
Sierra: good morning Betty, please, call me Sierra. She says with a smile. I smile in return.
Sierra: Josie is in her room, go straight up. She says. I say a thank you and head up to her room.

I walk into her room and saw all her make up set out and everything else a girl could ever dream of. As soon as she noticed me walk in, she ran up, embracing me in a tight hug. I let out a laugh as I hug her back. As she leaned out of the embrace she took my hand and dragged me to her make up chair. I take a seat as she began working her magic on me. We had already talked yesterday about what we wanted so she knew exactly what to do.