Chapter 23

Please vote!
A lot of sweet Betty and Sweet Pea moments ❤️🥰💓

Sweet Pea POV:

I was the first one out of me and Betty to wake up. Although throughout the night we probably only got about an hour of sleep in total.

Whenever I fell asleep I'd soon wake up to her crying.

She stayed wrapped in my arms as she cried out everything she was feeling.

I hate seeing her this upset, I've never seen her like this.

For the first time I had woken up and Betty was peacefully sleeping. She was cuddling into my side. Throughout the night she never let go.

I looked at her face which was so much more relaxed then last night and the early hours of this morning.

I decided we're definitely skipping school today. She needs all the rest she can get and I doubt she wants to be around other people today. Especially since Sebastian would be there, or in a hospital.

The way he was looking at her when I pushed him off my sister, it makes me want to punch a wall. It showed how untrustworthy and sex filled the guy was. He could never treat Betty the way she deserves to be treated.

He's disgusting and is never going to be anywhere near Betty again, I'll make sure of it.

I hate seeing how vulnerable she is and that there's nothing I can do to help her. I feel like I'm letting her down.

As I began drowning in my thoughts I felt Betty move against me.

Sweet Pea: morning. I say softly while brushing some of her hair out of her face.
Betty: morning. She mumbled tiredly.

We stayed in her bed just a little longer. We layed in a peaceful silence which I couldn't tell if she needed it or if it would be to toxic for her. Would she be thinking about Sebastian?

Sweet Pea: lets get up and I'll make us some breakfast. I say while sitting up.
Betty: I'm not hungry. She said without making eye contact.

I'm not going to let her shut down on me.

Sweet Pea: Betts you need to eat. I said while pulling her up and taking her to the kitchen with me.

I told her to take a seat while I made us some toast.

I soon finished and made a plate for myself and Betty. I placed her food in front of her and I took a seat next to her.

She was picking at her food, but still eating it.

Betty: please don't be mad at me. She said quietly while looking at me. She had tears brimming at her eyes.
Sweet Pea: I'm nod mad at you, I could never be, okay? I said. She remained silent.
Sweet Pea: okay? I said while raising her chin so she was facing me. She nodded her head.

I could see her mind was racing, thoughts of everything that had happened to her last night. Her eyes began to go glossy again and I softened.

I pulled her into my lap just as she erupted into tears.

Sweet Pea: it's all gonna be okay, I promise. I said while rubbing her back.
Betty: I never want to see him again. She said through sobs.

He'll never get the opportunity to see her. He doesn't get that after what he tried to do.

Sweet Pea: I promise you, you never will. I said softly as she held me tighter.
Betty: thank you. She said shakily.
Sweet Pea: you don't need to thank me fo- I managed before she cut me off.
Betty: I-I do. If I listened to you I wouldn't have ended up in this situat- This time it was my turn to cut her off.
Sweet Pea: Betty. I said with a sigh.
Betty: thank you for saving me. She said as she wiped away some of her tears.
Sweet Pea: I'll always be here for you, no matter why or when, I'm always going to protect you. I said while placing a kiss on her head.
Betty: I love you. She said with a sniffle.
Sweet Pea: I love you too. Now come on, let's watch a movie. I said to her.