Chapter 14

If you're reading this story can I please ask that you make sure to vote and comment ❤️

Sweet Pea POV:

As we watched Betty, hoping that she'd soon start to talk, we heard pairs of footsteps running into Betty's room.

I turned to the door and saw, Mayor McCoy, Sheriff Keller, Kevin and Josie. I guess when something as serious as this happens the Mayor and police need to know.

Both Kevin and Josie walked up to Betty, trying to speak to her and check up on her. They obviously hadn't been told what had happened to her.

Kevin: why isn't she responding? He asked while turning to me.
Sweet Pea: she was drugged. I say with anger.

Expressions of worry and concern were plastered onto their faces.

Soon Sheriff and the Mayor pulled us out of the hospital room to ask us some questions.

We explained to them everything we knew so far, which really wasn't that much. All we knew was that she was drugged.

I walked back into the room and sat back next to her bed. She still looked lifeless and it's killing me. She needs to snap out of this.

It had reached about 3:30 am and everyone was asleep. I had to much on my mind to even getting close to being tired.

As I watched over Betty I noticed her start to move a little. She slowly moved her hands and scanned the room. She had a scared expression on her face.

Sweet Pea: hey. I whispered while standing up.
Betty: what's going on? She asked confusedly.
Sweet Pea: don't worry about that right now, just rest okay? I say softly. She nods her head.
Betty: sit with me. She says. I gave her a look, indicating that I didn't want to hurt her.
Betty: please. She begged. I nodded my head

I sat next to her and she rested her head on my shoulder.

I don't really want to tell her what had happened to her, it will only scare her. I have no doubt she'll be traumatised by this experience.

Betty: I was drugged, wasn't I? She says, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I turn to face her, she had tears brimming at her eyes. There's nothing I can do.

Sweet Pea: Betty I am so sorry. I say as tears begin to fall from her eyes.

Her tears were silent so know one could hear her. I sigh and wrapped her up in my arms. I could feel as her tears seeped through my shirt.

For the first time I didn't know what to say to make this better. I didn't know how to help my sister. Maybe there is nothing I can do, I just need to let her cry and deal with this.

All I could do was keep her in my arms and rub her back, hoping I could comfort her in some way.

The doctors must have been doing their final rounds as one doctor and nurse come into Betty's room.

They started checking her blood pressure amongst countless other things. Betty looked petrified of everything that they were doing. She clung to me a lot of the time.

They told us that since she's in much better condition then when she first came in, she's able to leave tomorrow evening. They want to keep her here for observation, just to make sure she doesn't have any side effects.

Everyone had eventually woken up and were checking up on Betty. I watched as her face started to become pale.

Sweet Pea: are you okay? I asked worriedly.