Preliminaries

Now fabulously completed!

Yes, there is more. There is always more.

Not much more though since we're past the halfway point.

Also, this is probably going to be another huge-ass book. I haven't even plotted it out so wing it with me. Like really wing it.

Welcome to Lose Control!

This is the fifth book in The Jewel Project series, so we're officially past the middle of the series. Which means it needs to get so much darker.

Down below, have some reminders regarding the characters and the plot of the previous novels.

Obviously, for those who haven't read the previous books, there will be minor spoilers and a lot of confusion.

Timeline.

Remember the last book? Yes, the one with a 4.5 on it. Yeah, it's been three years since then so don't be surprised.

Main Cast

Sam Grant - twenty-one, the leader of a division of a secret agency, and mostly tasked with finding giant jewels which might or might not be precious stones. He suspects they're not, but has no idea what they could be. He also has no idea how many there are. Currently in college, living with his twin. Technically. Had been in a coma for four weeks so there are still some things in his memory which are a little funky.

Physical description: jet black hair, green eyes, tall and fairly well-built from all that training.

Core traits: curiosity, devotion

Abilities: anything concerning maps, history buff, leadership, plotting and planning, keeping his much wilder brothers in check, pretty proficient at keeping a low profile.

Tom Grant: Sam's twin. More laid back and with a burning desire for fun and chaos. Until he gets all dark and creepy. Unreasonably jealous. Has a blank spot in his memory and has suffered from amnesia.

Physical description: Sam's twin. A bit better build and his eyes have a blue hue to them. His sunglasses wearing habit is still there though a lot less serious. Has a scar cutting the corner of his right eyebrow, a tattoo of veins running on this back and a fleur de lis on his shoulder where he was shot.

Core traits: survival, possession

Abilities: incredible balance, parkour, voice imitation, not afraid to try dangerous stuff.

Jerry Grant: twenty-two, dubbed the scientist of the group, used mostly for healing and cooking. Always worried and moralizing. He's the parent and the party pooper. A bit of a loner, but enjoys the company of his brothers and friends.

Physical description: jet black hair, dark brown eyes, an inch taller than Sam and Tom, normal build. Sometimes wears glasses.

Core traits: security, resilience

Abilities: medical training, cooking, worrying all the time, making sure everyone is dressed and fed accordingly and keeps to schedule. PDA police, even if a lot less serious than before. He got used to it.