11.1||Consequences

Sam was getting pretty good at this monumental fuck up thing.

There was no other reason for which he'd wake up facing a scared teenage boy clutching a broom, who looked ready to smack him over the head with it. No other reason he'd wake up on a table in a place he'd never seen before. Looked like a café, though.

He moved and his brain lurched as if it had decided to punish his monumental stupidity. His wrist ached and his watch blinked, awaiting acceptance to be tracked. He gave his acceptance just to stop the damn thing from blinking.

Then he turned to the teenage boy. Behind him, through the panoramic window, traffic was slim in the early hours of the morning.

"Where am I?" he asked, his voice rough and his throat itchy.

The boy winced and clutched the broom tighter to his chest.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Sam said, wishing he could make his voice a little more soothing. "I just need a location."

"Why are you here?" the boy asked instead. Which was a very pertinent question.

"Not sure yet." His mind was a bit of a blur.

He remembered going to the club he used to go to with Tom and Harry. Then seing as he wanted nowhere near places Harry could turn up, he'd moved his business to a bar. Then another. Then another. Then he'd completely lost track and woke up here. Why was he there? Did he feel like a cup of midnight coffee?

"Do you even serve alcohol here?" he asked.

The boy took a step forward, holding his broom tighter and raising it a little, proving he was one stupid question away from smacking Sam's teeth in.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Okay. Fair enough." If only he could actually move off the table, that would be great.

A black Range Rover pull up outside the window and a new surge of energy had Sam sitting up. It took him precisely five seconds to realize what he'd actually done when he'd agreed to get tracked. Stupid reflex had sent Kyle hurtling towards him in a predictable cloud of rage.

"Looks like I'll be leaving sooner and more abruptly than any of us thought," he mumbled.

The boy followed his gaze towards the door where Kyle had appeared and knocked on it. The wooden frame groaned from the force of the hit.

"You'd better open it, or he's literally going to tear it down."

Either because of the force of the knocks or the alarming anger on Kyle's face, the kid decided to listen, so he dropped his broom and unlocked the door.

"Thanks," Kyle mumbled, stalking inside.

He said nothing to Sam as he grabbed his elbow, dragged him out and shoved him in the front seat of his car. The boy then quickly locked up behind them, visibly relieved to get rid of the strange hobo he'd found sleeping on a table.

Sam was a little disappointed Kay wasn't in the car. It would have made Kyle a lot less scary. But, as he drove off, he didn't say a word. The radio was also off, so a very loud silence filled the car.

Deciding he should be grateful, Sam leaned his head against the window. It pounded and his stomach churned, so he closed his eyes, hoping he wouldn't throw up over Kyle's windshield.

But the seconds dragged on as they drove, and he started getting a bit nervous. Once he looked at Kyle, Sam decided it was a better idea to keep his eyes closed. His brother looked furious and threatening. The silence wasn't any better so maybe getting it out in the open was preferable.