004

part two of three

daniel's pov.

there are rumours going around school that i am just corbyn's 'dare'. to be honest, i kind of believe it. it's been 10 months since we had our first date, as he called it. i don't know if i want to talk to him about it though, since he hasn't yet heard of this rumour.

it's the end of the day and i'm waiting outside of school for corbyn, it's our daily routine.

"hey baby," he smiles as he interlaces his fingers with mine. "you ok?" he asks. "yeah, i just want to go home," i reply with a fake smile. i moved into his apartment with him a couple months ago, he suggested it. i can tell he knows that i'm not actually ok. he never bothers arguing with me though, because he knows that it just gets me into an even bigger mood.

he kisses my cheek and leans down to my ear, "i know your not ok dani, you don't have to tell me why if you don't want to though. just remember that i love you," he whispers.

as he pulls away and looks me in the eyes i give him another fake smile with a nod, walking over to his car with his hand still in mine.

• »« •

as time went by i just grew even more sad, knowing that i'm just some dare. "corby, can you come into the living room please? i need to talk," i shout through the apartment. i hear quick footsteps, soon a worried corbyn entering the room. "what's wrong baby?" he asks and immediately pulls me into a hug.

i flinch at the contact, but soon just hug him back as i begin to cry. "corbyn, i- i need you to answer me truthfully," i mumble into his shoulder. "ok... what is is dani?" he questions and tightens his grip on my waist.

"there is a rumour going around school that i'm just your dare, i want to know if it's true," i explain, desperately trying not to cry again.

"dani if you want to know the truth, i'll tell you truth. i've always liked you, and at the start i just didn't want to admit that to myself. when jonah and jack gave me the dare to try and make you fall for me, i was actually happy. they said they'd give me fifty dollars if i actually did it, but that's not why i agreed to it, i agreed to it because i liked you. i was going to call off the dare at the very start, but i was so caught up in what we actually had with each other that i just forgot. so it went on for longer then i wanted it to. you were never my 'dare', i didn't want to call you that and i still don't. dani, i love you so, so much. and nothing will ever change that, ok?"

i pull away from the hug, my arms still around his neck and his around my waist. i don't say a word, just nod before connecting my lips with his.

[ A/N ]

i was writing this while trying to get my six month old brother to sleep. that's probably why it's shit if i'm honest.

-megan xo