046

warnings ; unedited

t h i r d p e r s o n

daniel steps into his and corbyn's house, his mood immediately dropping. him and his husband haven't been acting the same around each other recently; constantly fighting, sleeping in separate beds, avoiding any type of contact with the other.

they're both afraid they're falling out of love. even after they had said those six years ago that they would love each other till death does them part, it's almost as if they can't fix it.

the brunette drops his bag by the front door, hanging up his coat and slipping off his shoes. he enters the kitchen to find the blonde leant back against a counter, staring down at his phone.

corbyn looks up, meeting daniel's eyes. the two don't say a word to each other, they just stare like they're complete strangers.

after a few more moments daniel clears his throat, shaking his head and opening up a cabinet. he pulls out a glass, walking over to the sink and filling it with water.

as he steps back, leaning against a counter opposite of corbyn and taking a sip of his water, the blonde places his phone on the counter he is leant up against. he slowly makes his way over to daniel, watching as the male places his glass on the side.

corbyn grabs daniel's tie, straightening it up and then looking up into daniel's eyes, not letting go of the tie.

"it was annoying me," corbyn mumbles, letting go of the tie and walking over to grab his phone. he exits the room after giving daniel one last look, noticing how flustered the brunette appears.

that was the first time that corbyn had said a single word to him for a week. it was the most painful week of daniel's life.

with that, it's like a switch is flicked on in daniel's head. all he has to do is apologise and maybe corbyn would talk to him again. after all, the whole thing started because daniel had made a stupid remark and corbyn had taken it to heart.

daniel hastily exits the kitchen, walking into the living room. he notices the blonde stood behind the couch, sorting out the few pillows laid upon it.

daniel walks up behind him, wrapping his arms around corbyn's waist. the blonde tenses up, straightening out his back and leaning back against daniel's chest.

"i'm sorry, baby," daniel whispers in corbyn's ear, softly kissing the boy's cheek.

corbyn lets out a shaky breath, letting his eyelids flutter shut as he feels daniel trail his kisses down to his neck. he would never admit to it out loud, but he has missed daniel's kisses.

"i'm sorry for everything. i was stupid to say that and i didn't know that it would cause this. we haven't been on the right terms for almost three months now, and it's breaking my heart more and more everyday," daniel continues to whisper.

he pulls away, turning corbyn around in his arms. corbyn looks into his eyes, his own flashing with sorrow.

daniel frowns at this, pulling corbyn closer to him. corbyn only rests his hands on daniel's chests, the pang in his heart still there from what daniel had said a few months ago.

"i really am sorry, my love. i will do anything to make it up to you. absolutely anything," daniel says softly. he leaves another kiss on corbyn's cheek, then another closer to the boy's lips, and finally he connects their lips.

corbyn gasps at the contact, but soon lets his eyes close and hesitantly begins to kiss daniel back. oh how he has missed daniel's beautiful, pink lips on his own.

their lips move in perfect rhythm, the kiss soft and sweet. they pull away a few minutes later, resting their foreheads together. corbyn snakes his arms up daniel's chest and around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"i missed you. a lot," corbyn whispers as daniel softly rocks them side to side.

"i missed you too, baby." corbyn smiles at daniel's words, hiding his face in the crook of the brunette's neck.

"i'm sorry. i'm really fucking sorry, bean. i must of made you feel awful," daniel says quietly.

"it's okay, babe. i forgive you," corbyn replies happily. he lets out a content sigh.

"i love you," daniel whispers.

"i love you too," corbyn giggles, tightening his grip around daniel's neck. "so, so much."

daniel smiles, picking corbyn up and holding on to the underside of his thighs.

"daniel!" corbyn screeches as he wraps his legs around daniel's waist.

daniel carefully makes his way up the stairs, entering his and corbyn's room and placing the blonde in the centre of their bed.

he quickly removes his tie and unbuttons his shirt, tossing them to the floor. he climbs over corbyn, chuckling as the male smiles with a soft giggle.

"what are you doing?" corbyn asks, his smile growing.

"cuddling the love of my life," daniel replies simply, pecking corbyn's lips before gently lowering himself on top of him.

corbyn wraps his arms around daniel's neck, staring lovingly into his eyes.

"i still get lost in the beautiful ocean eyes i fell in love with all those years ago," corbyn chuckles, pecking daniel's nose.

"and my heart still flutters when you giggle or smile," daniel states.

they stare into each other's eyes for a few more moments before slowly leaning in, and their eyes flutter closed before their lips meet in the middle.

[ a/n ]

i promised you a soft oneshot yuhyuhyuh23 so here you have it :)

-megan