015

warnings: sad
song: hard by why don't we

concept: daniel is dating jonah, who is a player and just keeps breaking daniel's heart. corbyn has tried everything to make daniel realise that that's all jonah is going to do, but daniel doesn't listen.

t h i r d p e r s o n

it's hard to act like i don't think about you sometimes.

corbyn and daniel have been best friends for a while now, and the whole time daniel has been dating this player. his name is jonah, and all he does is break daniel's pure heart over and over again.

corbyn try's his hardest to not think of daniel, because all it does is make him sad at the thought of his best friend broken.

it was my birthday right at the end of the night. it was the first time he hurt you had and you cried. right in my arms fell to a million pieces. held you together, girl i know all your secrets.

today is corbyn's birthday, not for much longer though. it's the end of the night, and all of his friends have just left his house.

they all gathered together for corbyn's birthday, and it was lovely to just get away from all of the daniel drama for once.

daniel though couldn't make it, because he was to busy hanging out with jonah.

corbyn was about to settle down for the night. just lay in bed with a nice book, and just chill in peace.

that is until he heard violent knocks at his door. he knew who it was going to be right then and there.

"daniel?" he says as he opens his door. "what's happened this time?" he asks the sobbing brunette.

not only is he sobbing, but suffering too. he has a large hand shaped bruise on his neck, a cut on his lip, and a black eye.

"jonah. he- he beat me u-up," daniel hiccups. corbyn frowns, pulling the younger into the house and hugging him tight.

"shh, it's ok dani. i'm here," corbyn soothes as daniel cry's into his shirt, surely leaving stains. that was the least of corbyn's concerns right now though.

as the brunette calms down corbyn lifts him up, walking them into his room. it happens every time jonah and daniel break up. daniel stays the night at corbyn's, and then just runs back to jonah the next day.

it's a frequent event, and to be honest corbyn is used to it by now. corbyn lays daniel down in bed, covering him in the soft covers and thick duvet, perfect for the cold weather.

"we broke up again," daniel mumbles. corbyn looks at the broken boy, tears swelling in the corners of his eyes.

"daniel, it hurts to see you like this. it really does. your my best friend and every time jonah does something shitty, you break. all you have to do is realise that he doesn't want you. he's only using you dani, and someone else does actually love you. all you have to do is realise."

"but i love him corbyn. he makes me happy," daniel says. corbyn scoffs, "you don't seem happy right now daniel."

"you don't know him like i do corbyn!" daniel retorts.

do you know how hard it is to be the one to fix you and all you do is run back to the one who breaks your heart. your making this too hard.

"daniel yes i do! he does nothing but break you! he's an idiot, daniel. he doesn't like you!" corbyn exclaims.

"he does like me corbyn. i know he does," daniel says on the verge of tears.

"daniel you don't know how hard it is for me to see you broken every single fucking time he does something to you! it's so hard to just fix you when i know it's going to happen again. watching you run back to him breaks my heart. your making this too hard dani," corbyn cries.

"what are you saying, corbyn?" daniel asks as a tear slips down his cheek.

i know i said i'll be your friend, but that's too hard. hard, it's just too hard.

"i said that i'll be your friend forever, and that no matter what happens i'll always stick with you. but your making that too hard to achieve
dani."

i said i'll be there till the end, but that's too hard. hard, it's just too hard.

"i said i'll be there till the end. but with you just going back to the person that breaks you, i don't know if i can."

you keep running back to him, i know it's hard. hard, it's just too hard.

"you- you just keep running back to him! i know that he's a fucking player. all he wants you for is sex, daniel."

"c-corbyn, what do you mean?" daniel says as more tears fall down his face.

i know i said i'll be your friend, but that's too hard. hard, it's just too hard.

"i'm saying that i can't be your friend anymore daniel. you can stay the night and i'll sleep on the couch, but seeing you just be hurt over and over again hurts. i feel guilty because i can't make you see that jonah isn't the one for you. so you just keep getting played, and i can't take it anymore."

"w-what?" daniel mumbles. "i'm sorry dani," corbyn says and looks down.

"corbyn please," daniel cries. "daniel i can't. your just making this too hard," corbyn sobs.

daniel doesn't know what to say anymore. he just lost the only person that was keeping him sane. now he's just a mess.

corbyn stands up, wiping away his tears and walking to his bedroom door.

"i hope that one day you will see that jonah doesn't actually like you daniel. i love you," corbyn says and then exits the room, leaving daniel even more broken than before.

[ A/N ]

*sobs by just listening to the song*

-megan xo