Chapter 1: The Arrival*

It wasn't long until Jimin found himself standing in front of the ancient castle, the gas lamp he was holding flickering from the intense wind. He cautiously stepped closer and knocked on the giant doors until a small one opened from the side, a fragile looking woman stepping outside to greet him inside.

"I see you've found your way amidst this awful weather." She giggled, the wrinkles on her face becoming even deeper. Her dark eyes greeted the young man warmly.

"It wasn't that hard, really." Jimin faintly smiled and looked around. "I see that this place needs a lot of touch ups." He grinned, causing the woman to laugh.

"It's your first day, so I'll let you rest now." She spoke up, and her eyes scanned the giant entrance that was currently filled with dirt and spider webs lurked at each corner. "This place needs to be at top shape before the master comes back home." The old lady whispered more to herself, her nostalgic gaze sweeping the place, remembering how beautifully it looked years back when she was till a young girl.

"The master, huh?" Jimin hummed and pressed his lips together. "I wonder what kind of person he'll be." He whispered and raised his eyebrows in anticipation. His reason to come all this way, to a castle he despised, was only one. To avenge his sister that also worked here as a servant, but unfortunately met her end too quickly when the master thought she'd be his next meal.

"Oh, he's not a big deal. You'll see him waste his time in the library reading books or playing the piano." The lady explained, and Jimin could see the near motherly feelings she had for him and he shivered in disgust."He isn't like them. He's different."

"What makes him so different?" Jimin asked while narrowing his eyes in skepticism.

"I don't know. I've known him for so long to forget what makes him different." She replied, and a faint smile stretched her pale lips."Oh dear, I forgot to introduce myself."She nervously smiled. "Choi Sora, I'm head of the maids."

"Park Jimin, the new arrival." The young man introduced himself and bowed respectively.

"Now, let me show you around." Sora suggested and showed him the way around the castle, explaining what he'll be in charge off and what places he should avoid while the master is around. "He likes it when it's quiet, so by any chance if he's around you, just stay put and don't say a word until spoken to." She explained professionally and while she was walking around, she examined every object for dust and dirt.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why is this place so deserted? I saw a couple of other maids, but this place looks as if it hasn't been cleaned in years." Jimin wondered.

"The master ordered us not to touch anything until he sends a word about his arrival."

"So, you didn't touch anything until he said he was coming back? How long has he been away? I thought he left for a couple of days and then came back, but judging by this, it looks like months... years even?" The youngest bombarded her with questions and she was careful to answer each and every one.

"Last time the master was home was ten years ago." Sora answered and sighed when they finally reached the room where Jimin would be staying at. "I would love to stay with you longer, but I'm afraid my duties come first. Rest well for tomorrow!" She had explained and waved him goodbye before she closed the door behind her.

Jimin was left in a small room, barely fitted for two, with a small bed and a single wooden desk at the end under the blurred window. It was slightly cold, but warm blankets awaited him over the bed where he could finally rest his uneasy eyes.

 It was slightly cold, but warm blankets awaited him over the bed where he could finally rest his uneasy eyes