Chapter 7: Control*

Yoongi casually walked around the hallways, his eyes looking around aimlessly until he spotted Jimin talking to one of his servants, his clothes almost resembling theirs. He watched carefully as both of them exchanged a warm conversation, his heart slowly getting tighter and tighter. It wasn't an unpleasant feeling, more like an annoying one. It was as if he wanted to walk towards their direction and join in, but he knew once he did that both of them will drop their casual talk and start talking formally. At the end he just walked away and went to call out for Sora, his trusted maid.

"The necklace." He spoke up once he felt her presence and he instantly heard her remove the object around her delicate neck. The vampire extended his arm and Sora handed him the necklace that contained a key to a secret passageway inside his room leading towards the underground.

Yoongi pushed his desk away and inserted the key inside the keyhole that was on the floor, right beneath the desk. Both Yoongi and his maid went down the stairs and locked the narrow door behind them.

"He hasn't eaten in two weeks." Sora informed as they were walking down the stairs, illuminated only by the candle Yoongi was holding.

"That means he's even more vicious now." Yoongi stated what genuinely worried his maid. "Don't worry, we'll put it down once it becomes extremely problematic to handle." He added and turned around to offer her a reassuring smile.

"One of them defeated your deceased father." She reminded him.

"He was extremely old to confront one of them, of course he'll end up dead." Yoongi recalled and shrugged. "I'm fortunate I was capable to calm one down enough to capture it."

"But what if you can't soothe it down this time?" Sora asked worried. "What if -"

"I won't allow it kill me." Yoongi interrupted and turned around to face her. "If something happens to me because of that thing, I ask you to destroy that key. Never speak of it to anyone. If someone asks about me, tell them I travelled again and use the gold I hid to keep this castle standing as long as you can."

Sora's eyes held concern and worry for her master but in the end she offered him a confident nod and continued walking behind the man she dedicated her life to.

With each passing step, her senses sharpened up, anticipating the monster she'll meet up again, but nothing like that followed. The isolated vast room that was separated by half with steel bars was as quiet as a cemetery. Yoongi lighted every torch, but no movement was detected by either of them. It wasn't until Yoongi could hear the faint rustling of wings that he returned on guard. "Something isn't right." He whispered when he heard the rustling again. "Those wings sound too light, too... bunny?" Yoongi gasped in surprise and took multiple steps backwards to make space for the single bunny that made its way towards him. When the vampire inspected it further, he realised that it wasn't an ordinary furry, but something he only witnessed in books and paintings.

In front of him hopped a snow white bunny, his ears, tail and wings fading into black. Its long tail was curled behind him, sometimes wagging like a dog's and his wings ruffled whenever Yoongi took a step too fast or loud.

Taking a risk, Yoongi stepped closer and attempted to stroke it when it suddenly hissed, producing a sound similar to the monster that was here a while back. "Don't tell me-" Yoongi started but was cut off by Sora's surprised tone.

"It transformed into that?!" She gasped and elevated her eyebrows. "Is that even possible?" She questioned.

"I don't know. I don't even know if what we captured was a shapeshifter and not what we were after." Yoongi sighed disappointed.

"I don't believe so." Sora began, "A shapeshifter would probably possess a limited amount of time to stay in the shape it wanted, right?"

"Maybe it already reached it, and that's its true form." The vampire suggested and scanned the bunny that hopped around the tall steel bars.

"But what is it?"

"I don't know." Yoongi honestly answered. The only thing he read about those creatures was that one should be exceptionally careful if they ever encountered one, especially their companion. Whatever that means.

 Whatever that means