Chapter 8: Survivor*

Loud crashing was heard from the front doors, as if a giant was trying to knock them down. Yoongi and everyone in the mansion went towards the grand entrance to investigate, but the moment they all gathered, the booming sound died down.

With cautious steps, the master walked closer and ordered for the doors to push open. From the other side, a lone man walked inside, his clothes all torn up and soaked from the storm outside. He fell to the ground and everybody took a step backwards. His raven hair covered most of his face, but it was apparent to the eye that he was starving. His face was sunken and his limbs were bone-like. There was no way a man like him could bang on those doors like that, but further investigation revealed that he indeed came alone.

"Warm him up! Give him food and clothes." Yoongi ordered and went ahead to his bed chambers to continue his sleep."Notify me once he wakes up!"

While all this unraveled, Jimin stood at the corner of the room and watched carefully. Something about that man made him drawn to him, and he had the undying urge to touch him, embrace him even.

"Sir, there's nothing to worry about. You can return to your room." A maid notified him, but he abruptly dismissed her, replying that he'll be the one looking out for him once they bandage and nourished him.

"Who are you?" He whispered once he was alone with him in the room, but the unknown man was still unconscious. Extending his arm, Jimin caressed his cheek but quickly held it back when the sleeping man moved and mumbled something under his breath. Jimin came closer, but he was still incapable to recognize what he was saying. "I don't understand, please speak up." He requested, but the words still did not clear up.

"That's ancient Latin." Yoongi spoke up, causing a sudden burst of adrenaline to pump into Jimin's body. "Oh, I'm sorry." He apologised and walked away from the entrance of the room, joining Jimin next to the bed.

"How long have you been standing there?" The younger nervously asked.

"Long enough." The master merely answered and examined the man's arm, pulling his sleeve up and grabbing a knife from his pocket. He was about to cut him when Jimin intervened.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!"

"I can hear his blood flow from the other side of the castle and I can't sleep because of it. I need it to settle down and this is the only way." When Jimin refused to ease his anxious expression, Yoongi softened and a faint smile appeared on his lips. "Don't worry, he's a vampire. He'll heal in a matter of seconds."

"Oh... I didn't know that." He shyly replied and then asked curiously."How will cutting him up help, though?"

"Apparently he had too much... to drink, so the blood is literally about to burst out of his blood vessels. By cutting a small part of him, we're basically lowering the pressure." Yoongi explained and started to demonstrate but the moment he cut a fresh wound on his forearm, white blood came rushing out. "What the-"

"Stay away!" The man suddenly came conscious and jumped out of the bed, snatching Yoongi's knife out of his hand. The stranger cornered himself and pointed the knife towards the other two, threatening that he'll kill one of them if they took a step forward. "I said stay away!" He shouted when Jimin attempted to walk towards him. "I'm capable of handling two vampires! Don't challenge me!" His voice was shaking, full of fear and paranoia.

"Master, I'll require you to step out of the room and close it behind you." Jimin whispered and looked at him with determination.

"What? No!" He refused and crunched his face.

"Trust me on this." Jimin pressed him to leave and after a long pause, Yoongi actually left the room while at the same time keeping an eye on the man in the corner.

"Why did he leave?" The frightened man asked and pointed the knife at Jimin. "Hey, hey! Stop it!" He instantly added when Jimin walked towards the night stand and grabbed the glass of water.

"Please watch. Don't do anything suspicious until then, okay? I won't hurt you, trust me." He reassured and slammed the glass against the hard wood, the sharp glass sinking deep into his skin. "See?" He asked and extended his blooded hand.

"You're..." The man began, but Jimin quickly shushed him and signed towards the doors, indicating that Yoongi might be eavesdropping.

The man lowered the knife, clear confusion and then relief covered his face. Tears started forming at the corners of his eyes, his thin hands desperately trying to wipe them away. "Thank you." He exclaimed and dropped on his knees. "Thank you God for not letting me be the last of my kind!" He prayed and then ran to Jimin, pulling him closer to himself and finally embracing him tightly. "Thank you for surviving so long."

"What are you talking about?" Jimin asked him confused, nudging him away. "There are others?"

The man, now sceptical, withdrew two steps away and tilted his head to the side. "The white castle?" He asked, but when Jimin rose his eyebrows, the man gasped in awe. "Oh my God, you're one of them!"

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"The white castle," the man whispered and sat on the edge of the bed, patting the empty seat next to him for Jimin to take. "There were others like me there, but we were all borderline slaves to one master. He used us for our blood and never showed us when his guests arrived. He called his place the White Castle due to the immense amount of -" he looked at the door and then pointed towards Jimin's blooded hand.

"How many of you are there?" Jimin asked, hopeful to meet others, already overlooking the part where the man stated that he thought he was the only one left alive.

"We were three families, about thirty in total, but now it's only me." The man whispered, almost sounding guilty. "I never knew all of them, but I guess all of them died after what happened that night."

"What happened?" Jimin urged on.

"Apparently one of us attempted to escape and another vampire found out and the master went furious. He stated that he was the only one that can have us and in a single night drained us all. I barely escaped, but it didn't come without a cost."

"What did you do?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He whispered and lowered his gaze.

"When you're feeling like it, you can open up to me." Jimin said softly and clutched the man's hand. "It must be traumatizing, that's why I won't ask you about it again, but know I'm always here."

"Thank you." The man whispered and with his other hand covered Jimin's, squeezing it reassuringly. "My name is Kim Taehyung."

"Mines Park Jimin." He smiled warmly and wrapped his arm around Taehyung's shoulders.

" He smiled warmly and wrapped his arm around Taehyung's shoulders