Chapter 39: The Truth Part 2

"Before we leave, can I ask you something?" Hoseok asked and turned to Jimin as he took Yoonji's little hand.

"Yeah, go ahead." Jimin signed the little girl to go downstairs at the reception when he realised the hesitation behind the nephilim's words.

"It's about Jungkook." Hoseok started and sat down on the chair that was nearest to him. "I can't help but think that something happened. I know you entrusted him with Taehyung, but what's taking him so long to contact us?" He said worried and ran his hand through his brow fluffy hair.

Jimin sighed and walked towards him and gently patted his shoulder. "Don't worry, we have a plan in motion. By now he's supposed to be in the royal castle."

"The castle?" Namjoon suddenly spoke up, dropping the sack he was just jamming his clothes in. "Why on Earth would he go to the castle?"

"Because Chunhua is there." Jimin simply answered and a shadow covered his face. "With Yoongi."

Namjoon's eyes widened and travelled between Hoseok and Jimin in disbelief. He sat down, his knees weak, and after that he supported his head between his arms that were now leaning on his knees.

"But if she's alive, then..."

"The curse is in full affect." Jimin cut him off and sighed deeply. "We can't ignore the fact that we're in this mess because of her, but we have to work harder to find Jin in order to break the curse."

"Wait, I'm confused here." Hoseok spoke up and raised his arms in defeat. "All I know is whatever memories I was given by your blood. None of them include your wife's doings?"

"Listen-" Jimin sat down next to Hoseok and looked towards the widow where the sun was barely over the horizon, it's rays hitting the air just enough to reveal the tiny dust particles. "My wife... as much as I loved her, she wasn't what people would call a proper queen." The former king took a moment to recollect his memories and opened his soul to the half angel next to him. "The truth is, I may have gifted her an ability that mixed with hers in an awful way. Thankfully it did not develop in this life of hers, but that did not change what she did in the past."

"What was her ability?" The half angel questioned.

"Originally, she had the ability to see the future, but then I gave her the power to manipulate what she sees." Jimin shook his head in regret, a pitiful half smile on his face. "She hated the fact that she couldn't control what she saw so I had hope that I can stop that, but in the end my plan backfired. All I wanted was to giver her peace and in the process I gave her the ability to change the future."

"But that doesn't sound so bad? She can make everything go as she pleases. Of course, that would be a great benefit of yours." Hoseok shrugged.

"As I said, she wasn't what people would consider a proper queen." Jimin looked at him and his smile slowly faded away. "She was selfish, but thankfully for the right reasons. She cared for her family, but she never thought of the kingdom first. She realised she can't control her own fate so she controlled mine instead to benefit hers. Seeing her own death drove her insane and manipulated me to revive her after she gave birth, but she couldn't see herself living without her family so she had me revive Yoongi as well and made me and Jungkook nearly immortal."

"That's when the war broke out... but you don't remember." Namjoon whispered and leaned back against the wall. "That war was a direct result of your foolishness. You had the power to break free yet you didn't. Why?" He questioned and raised his eyebrows.

"Because you had the chance to see him again. That's why you did it." Hoseok answered instead of him, his face and voice full of disgust. "It all makes sense now." He hissed and stood up enraged.

"She used my love for him against me." Jimin whispered, not daring to look any of them in the eyes.

"That doesn't explain why you ordered Seokjin to murder the whole kingdom!" Namjoon shouted, restraining himself from punching Jimin straight in the head. His fist was raised, ready to do it, but the King's shocked expression made him lower it.

"It... it was my fault?" Jimin's voice trembled together with his lower lip, tears filling his eyes. "I always thought... that it was probably from the war you were speaking about." He looked away from Namjoon to wipe the tears that were threatening to roll down his cheeks, but at the end he failed and more just went gushing out. "I can't believe I did this... I killed the very same people I swore to protect."

"Hey, it wasn't entirely your fault." Hoseok tried calming him down, but he just ended up being pushed away.

"Both of you go to Yoonji and leave. I'll catch up in a minute." Jimin cried. Hoseok tried comforting him but the demon just pulled him away and convinced him to leave Jin in alone with his thoughts.

*****

It was a peaceful and quiet evening at the castle when suddenly Jungkook's hairs stood up and shivers ran down his spine. He stood up from the bed he was resting at after the battle and walked towards the windows, pulling the curtains away.

"Shit, it's too soon." He cursed and went running outside the room and into the many halls that awaited to be opened and closed after him. He was still injured, but that did not stop him from stopping whatever was flying fast towards the castle.

Just when he was outdoor, he quickly transformed into the fastest flying creature he knew of and went flying off until he hit whatever was flying his way.

"What the hell are you thinking?!" Jungkook yelled and let go of the man he was holding still between his muscular arms.

"Did you know?!" Jimin shouted back and struggled to break free from the younger's tight grip. He repeated his question when Jungkook asked what he was talking about, only adding the part he just learned about not a while ago. Jungkook slowly let go of him and backed off, his steps hesitant and his eyes avoiding that of the King. "So, did you know I was responsible of the fall of my kingdom?"

"...yes." Jungkook finally answered after a long pause. "What did you expect me to do?" He shrugged his shoulders and walked around in frustration. "Tell you you ordered the death of your people the moment you woke up? Tell you who Taehyung really is? Tell you Seokjin is probably after him and your daughter?!"

After that, Jungkook realised his mistake and uttered a quiet "Oh..." when Jimin's face went completely blank. "You don't remember that either, do you?" He asked and furrowed his eyebrows. "All this time I thought you knew about Taehyung being your son... the way you talked about him and the way you treated him made me think you were looking out for him as you used to do."

"So she made me revive them too?" Jimin spoke in disbelief and fell to his knees. "How many people did I sacriface for this to happen?" He looked at his palms, his mind creating the illusion of blood covering them completely.

"Seokjin's purpose and the entire race of pure bloods."

__________Unedited

__________
Unedited